Yup, that's what's it is like at my job too

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, that's what's it is like at my job too

A Canadian Army N.C.O. was about to start the morning briefing to all of his staff.

While waiting for the coffee machine to finish its brewing, the N.C.O. decided to pose a question to all assembled. He explained that his wife had been a bit frisky the night before, and therefore he failed to get his usual amount of sound sleep.

He posed the question; "How much of the act of sex is "work," and how much is "pure pleasure"?

A Captain chimed in with a 75-25% in favour of 'work'.

A Lieutenant said it was probably about 50-50%.

A Warrant-Officer responded with a 25-75% in favour of 'pleasure', depending upon his state of inebriation at the time.

There being no consensus, the N.C.O. turned to the Newfie Private who was in charge of making the coffee. What was HIS opinion?

Without any hesitation, the young Newfie responded, "Sir, it has to be 100% pleasure, Sir."

The N.C.O.. a little surprised and as you might guess, said "And why is that soldier" ?

"Well, Sir, with no disrespect intended, if there was any work involved, the officers would have me doing it for them, Sir".

The room fell silent.

LMFAO! I shared that one!

Comment

Classic!

Comment

A lot of sense in that Pvt's words.
        Funny

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
          A lot of sense in that Pvt's words.
          Funny
          Yup, being at the bottom of the totem pole myself, I totally understand. Jobs like cleaning the coffee maker fall to me (and I don't drink coffee).

Comment

It's true. When I worked at a bank I was the guy helping Brinks load up and carry the money bags, label the bags, clear out the coin machines (I hate you if you put buttons in there), end of day inventory, delivery inventory, drive around the island, etc.
            “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by LIAlleyCat View Post

Yup, being at the bottom of the totem pole myself, I totally understand. Jobs like cleaning the coffee maker fall to me (and I don't drink coffee).
              Lemons or lemonade? Clean them better than anyone else ever has, learn how they work and how they're made and down the road hopefully you will make your fortune selling the next, best coffee maker out there to all of us coffee drinkers. Everyone pays their dues.
              Do every job you do like your job and your reputation depend on it....it'll pay off.

Comment

Lemons or lemonade? Clean them better than anyone else ever has, learn how they work and how they're made and down the road hopefully you will make your fortune selling the next, best coffee maker out there to all of us coffee drinkers. Everyone pays their dues.
                Do every job you do like your job and your reputation depend on it....it'll pay off.
                I wish it worked that way in gov't but it's not what you know, but who you blow....

Comment

I wish it worked that way in gov't but it's not what you know, but who you blow....
                  Sometimes, yes, but I could give you dozens of examples where it was the hard work and honesty that led to success and others where the well connected asshole got pushed aside.
                  Sometimes life isn't fair, those are the times we have to work harder to earn what we want.

Comment

And they trust you to "clean" the coffee maker?
                    I don't need a gun.
                    I have never needed a gun.
                    I hope I never need a gun and in all likelihood, I will never need a gun.
                    However, if I ever need a gun, I had better have a gun.
                    Therefore, I have a gun.

Regards,
                    Chris

Comment

That was funny!

Comment

Canadian privates address their NCOs as "Sir?"

Comment

Sometimes, yes, but I could give you dozens of examples where it was the hard work and honesty that led to success and others where the well connected asshole got pushed aside.
                          Sometimes life isn't fair, those are the times we have to work harder to earn what we want.
                          Yeah, I've tried that here, hasn't worked. However the benefits (including a 3.5 mile commute) have been the 'golden handcuffs' that have kept me here.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAMMO!! View Post

And they trust you to "clean" the coffee maker?
                            I don't make the coffee, just clean up after someone does. Usually an intern.

Comment

Wise ass Newfies!
                              When they kick out your front door
                              How you gonna come?
                              With your hands on your head
                              Or on the trigger of your gun?

Comment

Working...
                              X