Oh, the technology challenged....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, the technology challenged....

Just saw a post from a friend. She is brilliant, graduated Valedictorian from Brown, but couldn't find her way out of an elevator if the door was open. Went like this:

Her: Like oh, that antenna thing on the headset is a mouthpiece...no wonder nobody could hear me speaking!

Me: Why am I NOT surprised.?

Her: For a year, folks, for a year....But lest you think I am out-of-step with technology because I fear it, or am incapable--haha, no. Ask me why the fax didn't work one day (I was using a telephone that was next to, but not part of, the machine to "dial out")...then, the mouse (I was pushing my flip phone around on my mouse pad).... I am done with the major fails for this decade!
    Last edited by NRATC53; 08-09-2016, 04:39 AM.
    Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

I work with a bunch of Phd's I regularly call them the dumbest group of smart people I know. I have conversations like,
    Phd: I am at a friends house for the weekend and I cant get email on my laptop
    Me: Are you on their wifi?
    Phd: They don't have wifi
    Me: are you wired into their internet router?
    Phd: They don't have internet, their house is in the woods upstate, i had to go into town to use my cell to email you
    Me:

or

Phd: The shredder isn't working can you look at it
    Me: Sure, (i get to the shredder) the bin is full
    Phd: Oh that makes sense, I shredded a giant stack of paper
    Me: Didn't you notice the light that came on showing that the bin is full right next to where you feed the paper in?
    Phd: No
    Me: It's okay I know you only have a Phd
    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by TTSkipper View Post
      I work with a bunch of Phd's I regularly call them the dumbest group of smart people I know. I have conversations like,
      Phd: They don't have internet, their house is in the woods upstate, i had to go into town to use my cell to email you
      Me:

or

Me: Didn't you notice the light that came on showing that the bin is full right next to where you feed the paper in?
      The first one is so stupid as to make a case that his Phd came out of a box of cracker jacks.
      The second one , just plain stupid
      "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by TTSkipper View Post
        Me:

or

yes, they are that stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post

The first one is so stupid as to make a case that his Phd came out of a box of cracker jacks.
          The second one , just plain stupid
          Tell me about it. These are real conversations I have had with people, the first one was an older woman and is definitely the worst one I have had which is why I remember it. I hear things like theveryone second one all the time.
          Ben

Comment

I'm not tech savvy, but when I worked at the bank I had a lady that was pissed off because her computer saved her username and password. She thought the bank was storing it. I spent a good part of an hour explaining it was a browser setting etc. I don't mind to be honest, but when you've got an attitude...
            “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Educated and smart are two completely different things. Only the educated think they are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by imrich View Post
                Educated and smart are two completely different things. Only the educated think they are the same.
                Oh yeah, I'm painfully aware

Comment

Working...
                X