Holy crap SOG's are sharp !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy crap SOG's are sharp !

Life is no good if you can not make fun of yourself, so ....... With my new direction in to becoming a high end knife store this happens this morning. First thing is when I was growing up if I would drop and break anything of my Mothers my Father would give me a good beating. With that in mind you grow up with a natural reflex to catch or soften the fall of whatever it is you are in the process of dropping with your foot. I get a SOG Quake XL in this morning and am trying to open it with no luck, then I figure out the lock is on. Now I got it, open it and wham.... opens with enough force that I drop it, out comes my foot and of course the Quake XL goes right in to the front of my shin. Dad was a butcher so unless some finger is hanging by the last bit of skin I consider most cuts minor, this was a little different. Knife goes all the way to the bone and I am bleeding like a stuck pig, Call Stat Health to see if they stitch, which they do, head on over in and out in one hour with 6 stitches, nicely done Stat Health !

Ouch...
    Ben

Comment

Gotta cut yourself with a new knife at least once, make that Oh Shit face and look around if anyone saw you

Comment

Pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Heartlessmcfly View Post
          Pics?
          Call me at the shop I can send them to your cell and you can post, that is way past my intelligence level to post pics.

Comment

glad you r ok. ouch.
            last week i pulled half my fingernail of while messing with my reloader.
            that is pretty painful but probably not as much as what happened to you
            let's make america great again

Comment

That's one helluva endorsement! I'm glad you weren't testing a firearm

Comment

Originally posted by Helmup View Post
                That's one helluva endorsement! I'm glad you weren't testing a firearm
                My wife might have preferred that. I think she has a large life insurance policy on me !

Comment

Artist formerly known as TERRY P

Comment

Holy shit! That's a crappy way to start the weekend.
                    Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

so....that's knife for sale as used now?

-vick
                      High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

• Joshatkarps
                        Joshatkarps commented
                        Editing a comment
                        And if you could leave some fingerprints on there too..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYvAxLX6OzE

Comment

I have the SOG Quake the smaller of the two blade is 3.5 inches, quick opening and yes very sharp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0t3lia8MPE
                        stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

In another lifetime ago, I was a line cook at Chili's. I was talking to a manager in front of a prep table and somehow a knife got knocked off. We both went to grab for, thankfully we mutually realized the mistake and pulled our hands back. I'll always remember saying to him, "You're a manager, what's your excuse?"

Comment

Originally posted by Safety42 View Post
                            Gotta cut yourself with a new knife at least once, make that Oh Shit face and look around if anyone saw you
                            Been there done that.

Hey, anything you can walk...or hobble away from, right?
                            “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                            X