So I felt like I needed a new kitchen knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I felt like I needed a new kitchen knife

Yup, I felt like the hinkle chef knife in my set was just not all that great, so I decided that if I was to criticize something, I should at least try to make one LOL.

Well here it is, my version of an 8" chefs knife, AEBL steel, heat treated to a 61 Rockwell hardness, detachable Kirinite scales with a inlayed rubber gasket on the inside to prevent water infiltration beneath the scales and stainless hardware.

Now now bear in mind this is only the beginning of a 400 hand rubbed satin finish, it is only for my personal kitchen and will probably go no higher than a 400 satin finish. Also it is not without flaw, But like I stated its for my kitchen abuse not one of my customers.

Feels good in in my hand, fairly balanced, I have high hopes for this one. Total build time start to finish including heat treat and temper times 8hrs from raw steel. Not too bad
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

Looks great. When you make one for sale, I'll take it.

Comment

• Rubbermittens
      Rubbermittens commented
      Editing a comment
      A Kitchen Knife? Wait arent you a Chef? I think I need more refinement for commercial Use LOL. You may want to hold out for my Frame Lock Flippers That will be coming out very shortly, D2, or CPM 154, Stainless ball bearing, Titanium frame and scale, Flat ground, Custom Titanium Machined Pocket clip and Anodized (I also Have a few new Fixed Blades Ive been working on)

• MikeM
      MikeM commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too

On Photo #2 (which is the same as Photo #5) you can see the Bullshit scratch that I still either have to remove or accept as I only get to keep the flawed ones LOL

Comment

Flaws don't bother me. It's a tool that'll get used. Obviously you're the craftsman tho. I'm the cook at home also. Also put me down for a frame lock flipper too, I'm calling dibs already

Comment

• Rubbermittens
        Rubbermittens commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank You, And You got it, Just give some time to test this one out to make sure my process is spot on and it performs well

• joeydiver
        joeydiver commented
        Editing a comment
        Can you laser etch his Goat Head avatar into the blade? Cause that would be the shizzizle.
    Working...
    X