Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ancap View Post
    About time. How many thousands of people got jammed up under this law
    I represented at least one: a 17 year old Life Scout who had 3" buck folder clipped to a pocket. Was just walking through a city park.
    Stupidest waste of police time, all for a cheap collar.
    Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Originally posted by Grifhunter View Post

I represented at least one: a 17 year old Life Scout who had 3" buck folder clipped to a pocket. Was just walking through a city park.
      Stupidest waste of police time, all for a cheap collar.
      I hope you where able to help the poor kid
      The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

I saw a friend last week and he told me this was coming
        Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

I hope you where able to help the poor kid
          Conditional discharge, some money, community service, no record. Stupid waste of his, mine, the court's and the police money and time. This states' phobia about weapons belies an emotional immaturity combined with a cunning government intrusiveness. These knife charges were mostly pre-textual BS designed to ensnare and entangle ordinary citizens., with no safety benefit to the public
          Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Conditional discharge, some money, community service, no record. Stupid waste of his, mine, the court's and the police money and time. This states' phobia about weapons belies an emotional immaturity combined with a cunning government intrusiveness. These knife charges were mostly pre-textual BS designed to ensnare and entangle ordinary citizens., with no safety benefit to the public
            Low hanging fruit.
            I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
            I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

About time. How many thousands of people got jammed up under this law

https://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?de...&Memo=Y&Text=Y

States......

Between 2003 and 2013, 60,000 New Yorkers were arrested for possession of these knives, making this one of the most-prosecuted crimes in New York City.

Comment

"These knife charges were mostly pre-textual BS designed to ensnare and entangle ordinary citizens."

While I agree that this is what it has become, I don't believe this is what the law was designed for. I think the laws were designed during a time when knives were a prevalent weapon among assaults and within mostly minority groups. In the late 80's/90's, as far as only my own experience in two boroughs, officers didn't bring "ordinary citizens" in for a loose buck knives. No freakin' way. Even a drug dealer would have to have 3 or 4 times the felony threshold in drugs to bring him in - and then possibly add in a BS knife charge as an F-U.

BUT...enter ComStat. Cops were graded by how many tickets, arrests, Stop, Question/Frisk reports, etc. they had - and days off, overtime and good assignments were at risk. So the discretion level was slowly lowered to where we do have otherwise 'ordinary citizens' getting arrested for bullshit, like spring-assisted knives and 6000 misdemeanor knife arrests a year. These arrests are generally, after thousands of taxpayer dollars spent, dropped to a violation Disorderly Conduct.

Last edited by Dan 0351; 03-30-2019, 11:31 PM.
                No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Working...
                X