Arisaka - Type 30 Bayonet on Gunbroker 5/15/2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arisaka - Type 30 Bayonet on Gunbroker 5/15/2020

I have an old curved quillion Type 30 Japanese bayonet for my Type I Arisaka and am in the process of buying a "last-ditch" Type 30 bayonet for my "last-ditch" Arisaka.

While searching, I came across a straight-quillion bayonet that would be perfect for a standard Arisaka. It seems to be a reasonable price, seems decent quality, there are no bids, and the bidding ends at 3:14 today. I figured I'd post it.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/867924224

$125 seems high for these. I guess I am just remembering when Arisaka bayonets were in buckets on gun show tables for $10 each.

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
      $125 seems high for these. I guess I am just remembering when Arisaka bayonets were in buckets on gun show tables for $10 each.
      Woah! Yes, it could be a little high, but that one seems reasonable to me based on the range of prices I found on Gunbroker and ebay. The cheapest decent ones I saw were in the $75 to $100 range, and this one has a sheath and looks to be in good shape.

The "Last Ditch" models are getting $150 to $250, but which is funny when you realize that the initial quality was so low that they are known as "sub-standard".

If you come upon a decent Type 30 bayonet for under $75, please point me in that direction.

Comment

I paid $30 or $40 for mine. Around. 1989-1990. And $46 for my rifle, around 1993. Go figure.
        Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.

Comment

Originally posted by cas View Post
          I paid $30 or $40 for mine. Around. 1989-1990. And $46 for my rifle, around 1993. Go figure.
          It certainly makes sense to me that as the time since the war has gone from 40 years to 80 years, prices would double. I guess that means they will be a good investment to buy now and have in 40 years.

Comment

Maybe, maybe not. All in how you look at.
            I paid $30-$40 for it... but was bringing home $200 every week at the time. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

It certainly makes sense to me that as the time since the war has gone from 40 years to 80 years, prices would double. I guess that means they will be a good investment to buy now and have in 40 years.
              What I've learned from Antiques Roadshow is things can also go in or out of demand based on the prevailing age of collectors. Stuff one generation may go crazy over another generation doesn't identify with and the prices drop.
              Wanna buy some Beanie Babies? I got bunch and they're real collectables!
              Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

That is certainly happening with guns and old cars.

Comment

Working...
                X