Delica vs Endura question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delica vs Endura question

Looking at the Spyderco Delica and Endura as new EDC.
    Will be the version with the wave feature and carried IWB.

Does anyone have any recommendations or opinions on which model to get? Blade length issues?

The Delica is under 3". The Endura is about 3.5". NYS max. legal is 4"
    Whatever you carry.... do NOT hook the clip on your pocket. No need to draw attention to it regardless of how legal it is.
    Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

i have ran the clip on the outside in nyc and never had a issue , i do not make it to obvious though . what ever you decide on , practice with it

Comment

I have the Endura. It's SLIGHTLY large for pocket carry with some pants, but it should be fine for IWB. The blade is a great length for basically any use except maybe extremely fine work.

Comment

I have several of both. It really comes down to the size of your hand. I can get a full grip on the Delica, but it’s pushing it. The Endura gives you a bit more real estate on the handle, and as a result, a longer blade as well. I find the Delica gets more pocket time than the Endura. It’s only 2 point something ounces and I forget it’s there. You really can’t go wrong with either one.

If you have a few more bucks, the Para 3 lightweight with its awesome (almost invisible) wire clip is about as perfect an edc blade as you can get.

Comment

Yep, BOTH are great, as well as the Para's. I have several of each and also find the Delica is the one I always go back to. I believe it's what I started with 30+ years ago as gift from my brother.

From BladeHQ

"One of the first of its kind on the market, the Delica opened up the knife market to lightweight performance, one-hand open pocket knives that just about everyone could afford. They became Spyderco’s bestsellers and haven’t slowed since!"
            "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

I carry the endura 4 with the wave. Wished it came in straight black. But the dark blue isn’t terrible. It carries fine. The wave feature is super aggressive so it deploys well. Super sharp and the edge has lasted over a year. Wear it pocket carry.

I also carry the clinch pick when wearig casual attire.

Comment

Im waiting for that new PM2 with the tanto blade

Comment

I keep meaning to grind the "wave" off mine. Dislike it much I do.

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
                  NYS max. legal is 4"
                  Show me,

Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.

Comment

Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post
                    I carry the endura 4 with the wave. Wished it came in straight black. But the dark blue isn’t terrible. It carries fine. The wave feature is super aggressive so it deploys well. Super sharp and the edge has lasted over a year. Wear it pocket carry.

I also carry the clinch pick when wearig casual attire.
                    Disregard.
                    Last edited by bberetta1; 09-06-2020, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cas View Post
                      I keep meaning to grind the "wave" off mine. Dislike it much I do.

Show me,
                      Show you that it’s legal? Google it. That’s what I did. I searched NYS legal maximum pocket knife.
                      What happens between someone and an individual LEO may not reflect that.

Comment

Carried the Endura as EDC for almost a year now. Great blade, super sharp when new and has worn well. On a few occasions it feels a bit too long in the blade for more precise work but it makes for a fine “letter opener.”

Comment

Google it. That’s what I did. I searched NYS legal maximum pocket knife.
                          Then you probably read NY CITY and assumed it was the whole state.

Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.

Comment

Originally posted by cas View Post

Then you probably read NY CITY and assumed it was the whole state.
                            Could be. I searched for NYS and all the links mention NYC regs but 4" at the link header as if it was for the entire state. I couldn't find anything definitive for Long Island.

Comment

Could be. I searched for NYS and all the links mention NYC regs but 4" at the link header as if it was for the entire state. I couldn't find anything definitive for Long Island.
                              That’s because there is nothing, there is no blade limit in NYS Law

Comment

Working...
                              X