Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigrob View Post

That’s because there is nothing, there is no blade limit in NYS Law
    So instead they f*ck around with your folder until they can flick it open. Then they gig you for having a gravity knife?
    Last edited by Barnslayer; 09-07-2020, 10:02 AM.
    Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post

So instead they f*ck around with your folder until they can flick it open. Then they gig you for having a gravity knife?
      Gravity knives are no longer illegal in NY.
      "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Coumo was forced to repeal the gravity knife law recently by the courts. Even though he did grandstanding while signing the bill. All the sudden he cared about the thousands of people who were arrested under the law, even though he refused to sign the knife rights bill before the courts stepped in

back on topic. Endura and delica is a personal choice. The endura cuts like a light saber. But the shorter blade of the delica works better with certain martial arts. Spyderco now makes a new model that is sized between the delica and endura

if your willing to spend more...the spyderco p'kal is badass

even better, is the clinch pick mentioned earlier. Because the wave is not 100% in deployment. So make sure you train for the rare occasion, when it doesn’t lock open

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

Gravity knives are no longer illegal in NY.

Does that include Long Island? I ask because our pistol permits seem to be different than upstate although they are NYS permits.

Comment

F39433F4-F826-4DF2-ABF2-A331D59F7E56.jpeg

CE1609C7-E8F6-498F-803A-188ADAC70919.jpeg

Comment

Does that include Long Island? I ask because our pistol permits seem to be different than upstate although they are NYS permits.
              yes, but suffolk county parks has a code that limits knives to 3.5”...but only in their parks

Comment

That part of the NYS Penal (265.01[1]) was changed in regards to gravity knives. That's statewide. Cities, counties, towns and villages may have other ordinances that make something illegal, but you shouldn't be charged with a NYS Penal Law offense for a gravity knife.
                I haven't heard of any changes to the handgun permit laws.

Comment

That part of the NYS Penal (265.01[1]) was changed in regards to gravity knives. That's statewide. Cities, counties, towns and villages may have other ordinances that make something illegal, but you shouldn't be charged with a NYS Penal Law offense for a gravity knife.
                  I haven't heard of any changes to the handgun permit laws.
                  if the knife is deemed illegal locally... you still have a restriction.

My comment regarding pistol permits is the “to and from the range” clause we have on L.I. . If I’m not mistaken, that does not appear on upstate permits.

Comment

Endura Wave is my EDC for a few years now. The "wave" feature is meant to catch on you pocket as you pull the knife out to open it, not sure how this is supposed to work IWB.

Comment

I love the wave feature on knives but beware, they are great for jeans but tend to tear dress pants. I have my tailor reinforce my dress pants pockets where the wave catches.

Comment

Like I said, one of these days I'm going to grind the "wave" off this one. (photo makes the grip look much darker, it's grayish-blueish color) I changed the clip to an aftermarket deep pocket type. I will wear it IWB as an extra.

The Police model I bought in '92 and carried every day exclusively for near 17 years.

The H1 at the bottom is the least used, pretty much only while on my kayak.

Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBonds View Post
                          Endura Wave is my EDC for a few years now. The "wave" feature is meant to catch on you pocket as you pull the knife out to open it, not sure how this is supposed to work IWB.
                          it works well with IWB. You only need to turn your knife only so slightly for the wave to catch on your waistband

Comment

if the knife is deemed illegal locally... you still have a restriction.

My comment regarding pistol permits is the “to and from the range” clause we have on L.I. . If I’m not mistaken, that does not appear on upstate permits.
                            Yes, that's what I wrote - 'STATE is unrestricted, but know your local laws.'

I believe the state law allows each licensing entity to put whatever restrictions on handgun licenses they deem appropriate, i.e. population per mile, etc. Again, I haven't heard of that law changing.
                            Last edited by Dan 0351; 09-08-2020, 10:42 AM.

Comment

I believe the state law allows each licensing entity to put whatever restrictions on handgun licenses they deem appropriate, i.e. population per mile, etc. Again, I haven't heard of that law changing.

Comment

Got it. So, what are the knife restrictions on L.I.?

Comment

Working...
                                X