X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mickeyblueyes
    replied
    Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post

The problem comes from using the knife if your life depends on it. Probably not much different than a gun on your permit. If you prevail NY will punish you.
    The alternative is you get stomped/ killed/ maimed. So who is going to get your money ? Dr./ undertaker/lawyer

Leave a comment:

• cas
    replied

If you haven't removed the serrations yet try one of these to sharpen them
    The "wave" isn't the serrations, it's the hook on the one, you're supposed to snag on your pocket on the way out to open it.

Leave a comment:

• Barnslayer
    replied
    Originally posted by mickeyblueyes View Post

I don’t believe there is going to be a issue with a Spyderco pocket knife if your 60 years old and minding your own business. Get caught drunk driving and you’ll get the charges pilled on. Same as carrying you hand gun , don’t be a putz ,you’ll be fine. However a 18-25 year old waving the thing around like he was kung foo fighting fast as lightning .......might win you a matching pair of bracelets and a free night at the iron bar motel.
    The problem comes from using the knife if your life depends on it. Probably not much different than a gun on your permit. If you prevail NY will punish you.

Leave a comment:

• mickeyblueyes
    replied

Got it. So, what are the knife restrictions on L.I.?
    I don’t believe there is going to be a issue with a Spyderco pocket knife if your 60 years old and minding your own business. Get caught drunk driving and you’ll get the charges pilled on. Same as carrying you hand gun , don’t be a putz ,you’ll be fine. However a 18-25 year old waving the thing around like he was kung foo fighting fast as lightning .......might win you a matching pair of bracelets and a free night at the iron bar motel.

Leave a comment:

• mickeyblueyes
    replied

DMT Diafold sharpener

knifework-fskf.1__47846.1566588506.jpg?c=2.jpg
    Or keep it to poke someone in the kidney when your in a crowd.

Leave a comment:

• mickeyblueyes
    replied
    Originally posted by Range Time View Post
    I have the Endura. It's SLIGHTLY large for pocket carry with some pants, but it should be fine for IWB. The blade is a great length for basically any use except maybe extremely fine work.
    extremely fine work?? Like circumcisions or vasectomies?

Leave a comment:

• Barnslayer
    replied
    Originally posted by cas View Post
    Like I said, one of these days I'm going to grind the "wave" off this one. (photo makes the grip look much darker, it's grayish-blueish color) I changed the clip to an aftermarket deep pocket type. I will wear it IWB as an extra.

The Police model I bought in '92 and carried every day exclusively for near 17 years.

The H1 at the bottom is the least used, pretty much only while on my kayak.

DMT Diafold sharpener

knifework-fskf.1__47846.1566588506.jpg?c=2.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Barnslayer
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

Yes, that's what I wrote - 'STATE is unrestricted, but know your local laws.'

I believe the state law allows each licensing entity to put whatever restrictions on handgun licenses they deem appropriate, i.e. population per mile, etc. Again, I haven't heard of that law changing.
    Got it. So, what are the knife restrictions on L.I.?

Leave a comment:

• SemiAutoFetish
    replied

I believe the state law allows each licensing entity to put whatever restrictions on handgun licenses they deem appropriate, i.e. population per mile, etc. Again, I haven't heard of that law changing.

Leave a comment:

• Dan 0351
    replied

if the knife is deemed illegal locally... you still have a restriction.

My comment regarding pistol permits is the “to and from the range” clause we have on L.I. . If I’m not mistaken, that does not appear on upstate permits.

Last edited by Dan 0351; 09-08-2020, 11:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ancap
    replied
    Originally posted by BillyBonds View Post
    Endura Wave is my EDC for a few years now. The "wave" feature is meant to catch on you pocket as you pull the knife out to open it, not sure how this is supposed to work IWB.
    it works well with IWB. You only need to turn your knife only so slightly for the wave to catch on your waistband

Leave a comment:

• cas
    replied
    Like I said, one of these days I'm going to grind the "wave" off this one. (photo makes the grip look much darker, it's grayish-blueish color) I changed the clip to an aftermarket deep pocket type. I will wear it IWB as an extra.

The Police model I bought in '92 and carried every day exclusively for near 17 years.

The H1 at the bottom is the least used, pretty much only while on my kayak.

Leave a comment:

• MikeM
    replied
    I love the wave feature on knives but beware, they are great for jeans but tend to tear dress pants. I have my tailor reinforce my dress pants pockets where the wave catches.

Leave a comment:

• BillyBonds
    replied
    Endura Wave is my EDC for a few years now. The "wave" feature is meant to catch on you pocket as you pull the knife out to open it, not sure how this is supposed to work IWB.

Leave a comment:

• Barnslayer
    replied

That part of the NYS Penal (265.01[1]) was changed in regards to gravity knives. That's statewide. Cities, counties, towns and villages may have other ordinances that make something illegal, but you shouldn't be charged with a NYS Penal Law offense for a gravity knife.
    I haven't heard of any changes to the handgun permit laws.
    if the knife is deemed illegal locally... you still have a restriction.

My comment regarding pistol permits is the “to and from the range” clause we have on L.I. . If I’m not mistaken, that does not appear on upstate permits.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X