Two new bayonets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two new bayonets

I picked up a coupe of bayonets today; one is for the Mosin-Nagant rifle and one for a K98.

The Mosin blade is in excellent condition; however, the taper doesn't match that of the barrel on my Remington Mosin. Does anyone know if the Remington barrels were machined to different specifications than the Russian barrels?

The K98 looks to be a Dress bayonet; the only markings on it are puma solingen. It's in really nice shape and came with the scabbard, but no frog. This too was difficult to mount on my gun, but after a little buffing of the internal blade rails, lubing and going on/off a dozen times, it warmed up to the gun (still a little tight, but much easier on/off than originally).
    ​​​​​​​If anyone knows about these blades, please chime in, I'll get some more pics tomorrow.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    Life Member: ASA, GOA, NRA

I have one that says Soligen Tiger on one side of the hilt and a tiger etched into the reverse. Blade is a bit under 8". Same single hooked quillion. Same checkered black grips. Black painted scabbard. I haven't tried it on my 98K. No government markings.

Some more info here...

http://quanonline.com/military/milit.../dressbayo.php
    Last edited by Barnslayer; 02-17-2021, 09:11 PM.
    Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

This gallery has 6 photos.

Comment

Never heard of a "Remington Mosin"? Just watched a "Forgotten Weapons" video on that; interesting! my K98 looks exactly like yours. Its Russian capture (x marked) 42 code Mitchel's Mausers import

Comment

How long is the blade on your Soligen Puma?

Comment

Originally posted by SemiAutoFetish View Post
            Never heard of a "Remington Mosin"? Just watched a "Forgotten Weapons" video on that; interesting! my K98 looks exactly like yours. Its Russian capture (x marked) 42 code Mitchel's Mausers import
            Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2020/04/the...#ixzz6mqD2tWuG
            Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
            Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

So, in 1915, the Tsar’s emissary ordered a million and a half M1891 Mosin Nagants from Remington with matching bayonets and another one million and eight hundred thousand from New England Westinghouse.

Remington had produced just under eight hundred and fifty thousand guns between 1915 and 1917 with only a little more than one hundred and thirty thousand having reached Russia by January of that year
            Last edited by Mrprovy; 02-18-2021, 11:33 AM.

Comment

0218211135_HDR.jpg
              Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
              How long is the blade on your Soligen Puma?
              10"
              it doesn't lock onto the rifle though, even when fully seated.

Comment

I have the same dress K98 bayonet that my dad bought back in the '80s. Someone before that sharpened it so it has no value. Cool history on these.

Comment

Your Mosin is M91, and your bayonet is the later version, used mostly for 91/30. Saying that , locking part of bayonet is a little different, but could fit with some adjustment. Historically speaking it is a wrong bayonet for your rifle. It it too tight, you can file it down, I would recommend do NOTHING with rifle.

BTW, Mosin ammo pouch is post WW2 model.
                  Last edited by Russian; 02-18-2021, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
                    0218211135_HDR.jpg

10"
                    it doesn't lock onto the rifle though, even when fully seated.
                    These may predate the nazis, explaining the lack of dirty bird stampings.
                    This screen shot is from my prior link. It seems a lot of these were not expected to actually mount on the rifle.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

15DCA6F4-BFE4-4C8B-9D5B-F8ECB790F0D0.png

Comment

Working...
                      X