Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kentucky Gold View Post

You are lucky to be alive!
    Yeah, today I tightened everything up. Beforehand I could literally move my bars without much pressure. Scary.
    No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
      I just rode home four+ hours from upstate (crazy traffic in the Bronx and Queens). 70+ MPH over the eastbound Tappan Zee on 287's center lane, there's two massive plates in the road that CRUSHED me. When I hit the second one, I tried to stand a bit off the seat so my spine didn't explode, so I had lots of pressure on the handlebars. When I hit it with a WHACK!, the handlebars rotated about 3" down toward me! Needless to say I almost crapped my pants........60 MPH the rest of the way until traffic which pissed my buddies off because I was leading and they didn't know what happened.....Traffic for the next 90 minutes, so speed wasn't an issue and the bars stayed put the rest of the ride. Tomorrow the tools come out!
      That's why I don't ride anymore. That happened to me one night only it was the headlight that moved down three inches. All of a sudden I was blind.

Comment

I finally got her back!

The shop where I bought her back in 1999, and who serviced her since then, was unwilling to service my bike this summer because it was their busy season. However, Mineola Moto did. It took longer than I expected, but they did a great job, and I will not hesitate to go back.

Attached Files

Comment

Congrats and ride safe. Did you get much riding done after getting it back?

Comment

Glad you got her back. Three months in the shop, you missed a lot of good riding weather. I liked the fall season for riding the best. Enjoy and stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by 2wheelbliss View Post
              Congrats and ride safe. Did you get much riding done after getting it back?
              I got it back on Saturday and rode all day.

Comment

Originally posted by muskoday View Post
                Glad you got her back. Three months in the shop, you missed a lot of good riding weather. I liked the fall season for riding the best. Enjoy and stay safe.
                I prefer riding in the fall too. I don't like full face helmets and the summer sun can do a number on your face.

Comment

Originally posted by warmnfuzzy View Post

Back in the 70's , on the backroads ,I hit a deep pothole on my Norton Commando . My bars rotated all the way down and I did a handstand on them . My seat popped up ,two condensers broke off , and one gas line snapped . I did however regain control of the bike . The stories that bike could tell.
                  I had a Norton Commando, too. I loved riding that bike on foggy nights. It purred. So many great stories.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post

I had a Norton Commando, too. I loved riding that bike on foggy nights. It purred. So many great stories.
                    Mine was a metalflake green 1970 Roadster with Dunstall exhaust . I got a speed wobble at around 100 because the rubber motor mounts weren't shimmed properly ,talk about brownstain .

Had that bike for years ,used to ride it everyday in Florida with a small wallpaper table , a 4 ft, ladder , and a spackle bucket full of tools ( my only transportation )

Work all day and off to the strip clubs

Comment

Mine was a metalflake green 1970 Roadster with Dunstall exhaust . I got a speed wobble at around 100 because the rubber motor mounts weren't shimmed properly ,talk about brownstain .

Had that bike for years ,used to ride it everyday in Florida with a small wallpaper table , a 4 ft, ladder , and a spackle bucket full of tools ( my only transportation )

I had a '75 with Dunstalls. Red with an electric start that didn't work. Every once in a while the kick start would throw me over the handle bars.

Comment

Mine had the wobble too at about 100mph. Man, shit happens fast at 100mph.

Comment

Working...
                        X