No announcement yet.

Black Hills Ride II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful pics!! Ride sounds lovely... one day......

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

Yeah, I asked him along on the third or fourth trip and now we can't get rid of him!

I took this pic in Alaska, on his birthday, as he was standing next to me. PRICELESS.

IMG_5396_edited-2.jpg
      Headed out on Monday for a bucket list trip with my sons. Starting in Ancorage and then driving down to Homer. Aside from a Halibut charter and some salmon fishing we plan to do a day trip/flight into the interior for some bear photography.
      I don’t pretend to be you behind a camera but I’m really looking forward to the experience. Honestly, 8 days in Alaska with my boys is plenty, if we catch any fish or see any bear I’ll consider it a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

Headed out on Monday for a bucket list trip with my sons. Starting in Ancorage and then driving down to Homer. Aside from a Halibut charter and some salmon fishing we plan to do a day trip/flight into the interior for some bear photography.
        I don’t pretend to be you behind a camera but I’m really looking forward to the experience. Honestly, 8 days in Alaska with my boys is plenty, if we catch any fish or see any bear I’ll consider it a bonus.
        You WILL have an awesome time! Can't wait to see the pics!
        No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

beware of the bison next time!
          "The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth."

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post
            No doubt they can be dangerous. Whenever any animals were encountered, everyone gathers around them. Some people really do get in close, and get the animals nervous.

In Custer park, the wild burros there were coming up to the car windows. There I got up close and personal with them. Figured as long as I avoid the rear legs I was gtg. But the elk and bison we gave them space.
            20190710_161545.jpg

20190710_162226.jpg

20190714_135435.jpg

Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
            Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post
              I've been around bison a bunch of times. I never thought to get with 49 other people and surround a bull within 10 feet.

Stopped, allowing them to walk-by, doesn't seem to bother them.

Although, during the '06 trip, a bull did make a bluff charge at my buddy while he was on his bike. My friend turned white and was shaking for an hour afterward, it was hysterical. So, of course, we had to screw with him when we got back home and got him a gift:

IMG_1525 2.jpg
              No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Cuz that's what friends do to each other! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

And YES, TRUMP signs, shirts and bumper stickers everywhere! Although I was surprised to see this

...in one of the "Cowboy Towns" - quite surprised and concerning.
                  No no, That sign means no semi-autos.

NRA RSO

Comment

Working...
                  X