No announcement yet.

I just bought a 2020 HD Softail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safety42 has a stock Softtail - a stock Harley is the rarest Harley of them all! It take $$ to make it the way you want it. HD = Hundred Dollars - for everything small!

There's different Softails, including the Fat Boy (below, left) and LOTS of different seats and accessories for them.
    Years back I worked a side job helping to build a house. The pay went straight to making my Fatty very different from any other. $1000's in engine upgrades, lowered suspension and chrome. The Le Pera seat is/was the smallest, non-custom seat available.
    While the Road King (below, right) remains mostly stock, except for pipes and some chrome - as I didn't have the $$ or desire to customize it too much.

image_59166.jpg .
    "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

I have a question about customizing. (Sorry about the hijack).
      Why do guys add a ton of chrome? Is it just so the bike is different from everyone else’s?
      Adding chrome is expensive up front. Plus you have to shine it and if not it will need to be replaced.
      Maybe it is the laziness and the cheap Jew in me, but I would want to stay away from chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
        Why do guys add a ton of chrome? Is it just so the bike is different from everyone else’s?
        Adding chrome is expensive up front. Plus you have to shine it and if not it will need to be replaced.
        Maybe it is the laziness and the cheap Jew in me, but I would want to stay away from chrome.
        Lol, I bought my fist Harley - the Fatty - right after 9/11. It was a '98 with 1100 miles on it. Being down there in the beginning for a few days, I said, "Now's the time." Back then, the quickest and easiest way to make your bike non-stock, was chrome. I do love the way it looks, but nowadays there's more options. When the dull, textured paint came out, and blackened, bolt-on replacement parts and accessories came out, I thought about switching over....but then that would be even more $$. I wash and detail my bikes in the spring. They might get another washing before they go away for the winter - most of the time, no.
        (better pic below)

20170604_235237.jpg

For now, the chrome will stay. Maybe the next bike will be blacked-out, although now that's getting old too, I guess.

I always wanted an Exile. ~20 years ago I saw a guy on one and asked him about it. He said, "It's like being married to Pamela Anderson, it's great to look at, but what a pain in the ass!"

Last edited by Dan 0351; 05-19-2020, 08:45 AM.
        "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Originally posted by warmnfuzzy View Post

U.S sales are down a 5th straight year. Young people are not buying hogs
          HOGs are definitely a generational appeal. The youngins mostly don’t get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

HOGs are definitely a generational appeal. The youngins mostly don’t get it.
            they like the Ducs or rice rockets

Comment

Man I used to love to ride, did for a number of years on two older bikes. Loved going away on long trips.
              One day I had someone change lanes almost right into to and near run me off the road.
              The next day I almost had a head on with a car at an intersection. Later that day another near miss where I almost laid the bike down. Went home, parked it and haven't ridden since. Gave the bike away about ten years later.

Be safe folks.
              Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.

Comment

Originally posted by cas View Post
                Man I used to love to ride, did for a number of years on two older bikes. Loved going away on long trips.
                One day I had someone change lanes almost right into to and near run me off the road.
                The next day I almost had a head on with a car at an intersection. Later that day another near miss where I almost laid the bike down. Went home, parked it and haven't ridden since. Gave the bike away about ten years later.

Be safe folks.
                Not long ago I mentioned to a friend that I was interested in learning to ride so he showed me a photo of him in the ICU after getting hit while riding and a woman backing out of her driveway hit him. It helped me lose interest fast.
                "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
                Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
                Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

best to ride in a group if you can , at least you get a little respect from the cage drivers

Comment

Riding here on the Island is at it's best adequate. There are a few times when you're out east on a 2 lane road when you can just imagine you may be somewhere else and say this must be the way it is to ride outside of NY. Then the reality sets in and you have to cope with the traffic and, god forbid the LIE to get back home. That being said I love to ride... ever since I was little. I do realize riding here is an exercise in survival. I just ride like I'm invisible and everyone is out to get me. Helped me anticipate some of the stupid shit I've seen... and avoided because I'm on the lookout. Every so often though I hate it when I get surprised, usually by a car the comes up pretty quickly behind me and passes me. I prefer knowing what's around me.... mostly that's why I mostly go a little faster than the traffic so I can come up on the cars rather than the other way around.
                    That being said, I do enjoy riding despite the risks. Be careful out there and keep your head on a swivel!!
                    OP... enjoy the ride!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2wheelbliss View Post
                      I just ride like I'm invisible and everyone is out to get me.
                      OP... enjoy the ride!!
                      We know who you are. We know what you did. And we are out to get you. Just you though.
                      "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
                      Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
                      Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

I always wanted an Exile. ~20 years ago I saw a guy on one and asked him about it. He said, "It's like being married to Pamela Anderson, it's great to look at, but what a pain in the ass!"

So did I. Way over priced, could build one for 1/10 the price but it also looked like one of the bikes in grand theft auto.
                        The ZOMBIE

Comment

Originally posted by 2wheelbliss View Post
                          I just ride like I'm invisible...
                          You are. Small irregular shaped objects are hard to be seen.

ANY violation by ANY person of ANY provision of this section is a class A misdemeanor. - NYPL §400.00(15)
                          Conspiracy in the sixth degree is a class B misdemeanor. - NYPL §105.00

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
                            Chrome won't get you home , but it will get you laid

Comment

Congratulations!
                              one day I’ll join you on a ride.

Comment

Working...
                              X