Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motorcycle Registration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Motorcycle Registration

    Does anyone happen to work at a motorcycle shop? I have a registration question.

    #2
    Many moons ago, I was the sales manager at Fun Wheels Honda. I did all of the DMV paperwork. If I can answer your question, I will.

    Comment


      #3
      I bought a scooter (don't laugh) a couple weeks ago, and before I go to pick it up, the salesman calls and says that they cant register it. He says that they can register anything else, motorcycles, atv's, jet skis, just not scooters, and that seemed very strange to me. The scooter needs a motorcycle license to ride, which I didn't have at the time because of the DMV being closed, so I don't know if that is the reason that they couldn't register it for me. But if that was the case, I would think they should have said that, and said when you get your permit, come back and we will take care of the registration. I was just wondering if they were telling me the truth, or just giving me a line to get the sale.

      Comment


        #4
        Ha ha, you bought a scooter, ha ha.
        Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by GSM-Racing View Post
          I bought a scooter (don't laugh) a couple weeks ago, and before I go to pick it up, the salesman calls and says that they cant register it. He says that they can register anything else, motorcycles, atv's, jet skis, just not scooters, and that seemed very strange to me. The scooter needs a motorcycle license to ride, which I didn't have at the time because of the DMV being closed, so I don't know if that is the reason that they couldn't register it for me. But if that was the case, I would think they should have said that, and said when you get your permit, come back and we will take care of the registration. I was just wondering if they were telling me the truth, or just giving me a line to get the sale.
          I do not work in a shop , however, i do know about registrations. Even if you do not possess a Mc license you can still be a register of one. They will
          not let you drive it out of the dealer (you will
          need to find a friend with a MC license to do that for you(approximately as far or as short as you want 😉. As for the paperwork I have a question, what is the CC’s of the scooter engine?
          A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith

          Comment


            #6
            Its a 50cc, but the Certificate of Origin lists the top speed as 37mph, which puts it as a class A limited use motorcycle.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by GSM-Racing View Post
              Its a 50cc, but the Certificate of Origin lists the top speed as 37mph, which puts it as a class A limited use motorcycle.
              Its ok to ride scooters, like having sex with fat women, you are just not supposed to tell anyone.
              ​​​​​​ . Seriously I don't understand why they can't register it? What dealer? What brand scooter?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by GSM-Racing View Post
                Its a 50cc, but the Certificate of Origin lists the top speed as 37mph, which puts it as a class A limited use motorcycle.
                It has to be classified by the manufacturer as a “limited use motorcycle” in order to be registered. Does the MCO show that classification? If not, it cannot be registered. If it does, then they are just lazy or assholes.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Its a Honda Ruckus, getting it registered normally wouldn't be a problem. But now instead of bringing it home ready to go, I need to do the drop box crap at the DMV, and hope that everything is filled out correctly, and wait a couple of weeks to finally get plates.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by GSM-Racing View Post
                    Its a Honda Ruckus, getting it registered normally wouldn't be a problem. But now instead of bringing it home ready to go, I need to do the drop box crap at the DMV, and hope that everything is filled out correctly, and wait a couple of weeks to finally get plates.
                    Wtf,there is NO REASON why they can't register it. Unless they are out of plates and only want to use them for motorcycles lol

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by GSM-Racing View Post
                      Its a Honda Ruckus, getting it registered normally wouldn't be a problem. But now instead of bringing it home ready to go, I need to do the drop box crap at the DMV, and hope that everything is filled out correctly, and wait a couple of weeks to finally get plates.
                      There’s something seriously wrong here. If it is a new registerable vehicle, the dealer should be doing it. What shop?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Honda of Riverhead

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by GSM-Racing View Post
                          Honda of Riverhead
                          Are you talking to Harry?

                          I'd be very suspect if a dealer said they can't register something.


                          Paul

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Id walk away, needless bullshit you shouldn't have to be doing

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X