New England, short tour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New England, short tour.

Took Friday off, met up with five friends and took a quick ride NE. Chilly mornings and late afternoons, but was OK with the right gear. Boston restaurants were hopping, and there was a ~fifty person line to get into Mike's Pastries.

About 70/30 Biden/Trump signs. Lots of Black Lives Matter signs - but ironically, after Bridgeport, I didn't see a person of any color other than white for three days in those quaint, liberal New England towns. Made me think......

I didn't see a single gun shop either.

This wasn't the exact route - took mostly back roads, thanks to motorcycle-specific GPS routing. Probably about 750 miles, got back last night. Good ride, good friends.

20201004_214217.jpg

It's nice having a weekend off once in a while!

Last edited by Dan 0351; 10-05-2020, 10:52 AM.
    "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

You didn't happen to pick up Jack Nicholson hitchhiking by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post

Comment

Nice.
        Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
          a guy i knew got picked up by Arlo Guthrie on a bike back in the day

Comment

For gun shops visit Trader John's in Swanzey, NH and the Alstead Gun Shop in Alstead.
            Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

You passed at least 8 gun shops from Nashua heading southwest.

Comment

Not like you to not post pictures Dan! WTF
                The escape is nowhere near complete. The inventor of LIBERAL fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 45 because the 44th never worked.)

Comment

Where the bike pic?

Comment

Originally posted by Beaker View Post
                    You passed at least 8 gun shops from Nashua heading southwest.
                    No...I actually didn't. That's why I wrote that I didn't see a single gun shop - and was looking when we slowed in some towns.

Comment

Nice! i rode my bicycle from here to Boston (rode out to orient point to the new london ferry and then up through the shore of Rhode Island. Then i kept on going and circled Nova Scotia. But that was almost 50 years ago. Now, making it over the long beach bridge is an accomplishment
                      Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

No...I actually didn't. That's why I wrote that I didn't see a single gun shop - and was looking when we slowed in some towns.
                        Are you suffering from withdrawal?

I bet your Safes are thanking you...
                        "Except the Lord build they labor in vain that build it." I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without his concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall God governs in the affairs of men. I have lived, Sir, a long time..."
                        Ben Franklin, arguably our least faith driven founding father

Comment

Imagine getting a good deal on a full size Mosin Nagant and having to ride with it sling across your back all the way home.
                          I would attach the bayonet and use it as a flag holder. Would a Trump or Biden flag attract less attention?

Comment

its good to have fun -----------

Comment

Working...
                            X