New Harley Pan American 1250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Harley Pan American 1250

Years ago I would have scoffed at bike like this, but after renting a BMW GS 1200 (with panniers) for 10 days through Washington State......I'm interested, but I'm not lovin' the looks of it....

"The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

As someone who owns three or four shares of HOG stock I encourage you to buy two. One in orange for weekend trips and one in gray for weekdays. LOL
    "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
    Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
    Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
      Years ago I would have scoffed at bike like this, but after renting a BMW GS 1200 (with panniers) for 10 days through Washington State......I'm interested, but I'm not lovin' the looks of it....

nice bike .

jupiter's Travels is a decent book on one man's touring experience

Comment

Why wouldn't you just get the BMW? It's superior in all respects.
        Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Those are both nice.
          Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Very European look to it.

7-8 nice milsurps there, lol. Decisions, decisions

Comment

Originally posted by class3 View Post
              Why wouldn't you just get the BMW? It's superior in all respects.
              - Because I don't have any clue whatsoever about the Harley yet - or how it's inferior to the BMW. I saw a TV commercial the other day and it was the first I heard of it.

- I don't have a clue as to who services BMW motorcycles - while I have a couple of outstanding, local factory-certified HD mechanics that would come to my house on Dec. 25th to help me if I needed them to.

- Because a BMW is not a Harley.

But reasons I would get the BMW:

- I have 10 long days of sometimes difficult riding on the BMW and loved it.

- Because Harley has a history of not getting it correct the first time out......

- Very good service record.

- I like the looks better than this particular Harley.

20170708_132248.jpg

Comment

F
                irst reported on the Brap Talk motorcycle podcast, our initial news is that the Pan America will debut at a fairly affordable price for the category, starting around the $17,000 mark.
                That is very surprising. Way less then I would have guessed...but who makes the engine? (and rest of the bike?)
                Originally posted by ChiefSailer
                Deplorables FTW!!

Comment

UGLY , want that look buy a BMW!!!
                  stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

The Pan America was supposed to be one of the new bikes for Harley-Davidson to expand their lineup and appeal. Personally have no desire to have a top heavy ADV type bike. My plan was to get a Harley-Davidson Bronx which was supposed to come out at about the same time as the Pan America but because of all the restructuring the Bronx was one of the bikes that was dropped.
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by 2wheelbliss View Post
                      The Pan America was supposed to be one of the new bikes for Harley-Davidson to expand their lineup and appeal. Personally have no desire to have a top heavy ADV type bike. My plan was to get a Harley-Davidson Bronx which was supposed to come out at about the same time as the Pan America but because of all the restructuring the Bronx was one of the bikes that was dropped.
                      Interesting looking bike. It was never my taste, but my tastes have changed and would like to try a bike like that.

I've owned metric and HD bar-hoppers and cruisers (and still have a slammed Fat Boy and Road King in the stable), but after trying that BMW GS, I realized that my 2-wheel experiences are awesome with different types of bikes also.

These days, my KLR 650 upstate gets most of my riding time, as I hate riding on - or the routes getting off - Long Island.

20170609_131700.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X