Fuel stabilizer - sooooo, which one works best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post

As for batteries, I have come to the conclusion, that unless you remove them to be stored inside on a trickle charger, they are doomed to short-life span without regular use during the off season. My plan was to disconnect them, and hook them up to a trickle charger(individually), plugged into a wall timer, and set it to come on 1-2hrs per day, as I don't really trust leaving something on 24/7 while left unattended long term. But for unexpected reasons, I never got the chance to set it up before hand, so now I guess I will have to keep my fingers crossed for when I can get back up there as early as possible this spring.
    I had 6 batteries on trickle chargers - three charges, alternating them - and I still had to buy a couple of new batteries.
    "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

I had 6 batteries on trickle chargers - three charges, alternating them - and I still had to buy a couple of new batteries.
      I even tried stepping up to the AGM's, and I lost my first one last spring, no rhyme, no reason. ugh.

Comment

Sta-bil and Seafoam can make any engine work

Comment

Seafoam has been working well. A bit of smoke as it cleans then smooths out.

Comment

Listen everyone will have the best way. But this is really it. High octane gas and startron fuel enzyme treatment. The key to anyone of the above comments is consistently treating the gas. Every time you fill up your can or cans the it gets the startron first. Generator snowblower all my lawn equipment is gas powered. Saws atv dirt bikes utv

EVERYTHING ........ I have gets startron every time it’s gets fueled up. Infact if by some chance I don’t have any I refuse to put gas In it I’ve been using it forever. The one thing I do though is run everything every month or so full choke half choke no choke and off. (Where applicable ). But that’s me. I like to run my generator with a load just for a unite or two even

don’t wait until you need your shit to work and thin your gonna add fuel treatment and think your gonna be saved your not

Comment

I found an OK Petroleum in West Babylon on Straight Path x Little East Neck Rd that sell 100 octane racing fuel. Google maps has it listed as a Shell station. Pump says Sunoco. OK petroleum west babylon straight path at little east neck rd.JPG There were no ethanol labels on the pump. Clerk inside said there is no ethanol in that fuel. Price on Thursday was 3.929 per gallon. I will be emptying my cans and refilling there plus hitting it with marine StaBil anyway. Just ran dry on my last can of Trufuel the other day.

Comment

I see $9.29/gallon listed for that gas on this website. https://www.pure-gas.org/extensions/...p?statecode=NY But it is racing fuel at 100 octane

Though come Spring, I may be tempted to get some to put in my Mustang Shelby, and see what it does. a675a0f22fd7deab7931a4839bf6a3b0.png
                Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
                Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

Originally posted by Postal Bob View Post
                  I see $9.29/gallon listed for that gas on this website. https://www.pure-gas.org/extensions/...p?statecode=NY But it is racing fuel at 100 octane

Though come Spring, I may be tempted to get some to put in my Mustang Shelby, and see what it does. a675a0f22fd7deab7931a4839bf6a3b0.png
                  Maybe I need thicka glasses. LOL Even at 9.29/gal, it is <half the price of Trufuel.

Comment

Working...
                  X