No announcement yet.

Dog Name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since he's a German breed I go back to Tuefel but he's a bit too cute for that.
    "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
    Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
    Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

What a sweet looking pup. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by D1B27 View Post
        Blackjack

After Gen. John J. Pershing
        It's a safe bet to say that he won't be naming his new pup Blackjack.

congrats on the new family member Dan.
        "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction" R.R.

Comment

Beautiful puppy- I hope he’ll bring your family much joy.

Comment

Originally posted by OddJob1776 View Post
            Congratulations!

Great looking "pony".

I was unfamiliar with Leos until now.

There was a veterinarian that had a show on News12 on weekends a while back. He had a Leonberger puppy on the show in the late 80's(?) and I thought they were the coolest looking pups (we were always a Golden Retriever family growing up). I wrote down the name of the breed and threw the little piece of paper in a desk drawer. Luckily that desk came with me from numerous apartments, eventually to my house. When it was time to get a new pup, I found the scrap paper with "Leonberger" on it, starting months of research into the breed. This one is my second.
            They are outstanding family dogs, but are also very protective of the home. They can be aloof/weary around strangers, but once they see their family is comfortable with the stranger, they will lick them to death. But I'd feel sorry for anyone that threatened me or my family.
            Easy to train and need to be around you.
            Here's a 90 second video of 'Leo Security':

Last edited by Dan 0351; 04-16-2018, 09:56 AM.
            No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

There was a veterinarian that had a show on News12 on weekends a while back. He had a Leonberger puppy on the show in the late 80's(?) . . .
              I remember him, although I do not remember his name. He was affiliated with Syosset Veterinary Hospital.

Years ago I had a Rottie and other large dogs.

I now have Terriers. They are short haired, and have a short snout. They have a lot to offer pound-for-pound. However, they do not do well in the heat, or the cold.

Oddly, some log haired dogs do well in the heat (and the cold).

I love the looks of your Leo. Cute, cuddly, and a great sleeping companion.

Do you know how they do it the heat?

Comment

Originally posted by OddJob1776 View Post

I remember him, although I do not remember his name. He was affiliated with Syosset Veterinary Hospital.

Years ago I had a Rottie and other large dogs.

I now have Terriers. They are short haired, and have a short snout. They have a lot to offer pound-for-pound. However, they do not do well in the heat, or the cold.

Oddly, some log haired dogs do well in the heat (and the cold).

I love the looks of your Leo. Cute, cuddly, and a great sleeping companion.

Do you know how they do it the heat?

Yes, I seem to remember him being at Syosset also.

I currently have a rescue Irish Soft-Coated Wheaten Terrier also. Great dog, and at 40 lbs, the smallest I've ever had. Very quirky though, in a funny sort of way. Sleeps on his back all day, every day.
                20180413_154148.jpg

My past Leo was fine in the heat, would even find a spot in the sun on the deck to lay in the summer mornings. When it is very hot, they stay inside. My dogs always tend to do their business and come right back to the door to come in - unless we keep the door open, then they'll meander in and out. In the winter, she would lay in the snow as long as I would let her. Their double coat regulates the temperature.
                (my past Leo with my then-young Newfie/Great Pyrenees rescue)
                IMG_3701-1.JPG
                Last edited by Dan 0351; 04-16-2018, 11:43 PM.

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Marc Morrone.
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Morrone
                  animals.jpg
                  Steve

Comment

Marc is not a vet just a animal lover he own(ed) birds of the world in RVC.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyblueyes View Post
                      Marc is not a vet just a animal lover he own(ed) birds of the world in RVC.
                      Back in the mid 80's me and my x walked in there just killing some time checking out critters. Ran into that guy there not knowing he owned the place. I recognized his mug from his tv show and when he walked by I said, you're that guy with the animals on tv. He smiled and said, "yup that's me but I'm not the star the animals are". I actually gave a muffled laugh. We soon left. It is a cool pet shop.
                      "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction" R.R.

Comment

Originally posted by vmtcmt View Post
                        Nah, it was an older guy, always in a suit, had a beautiful Golden laying at his feet for most episodes.

- U.S. Marines

Comment

So????
                          Did you choose a name for that adorable puppy yet?
                          Tag line thanks to @Synner

He’s like a walking “Tickle Me Angry” doll.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

Nah, it was an older guy, always in a suit, had a beautiful Golden laying at his feet for most episodes.
                            I knew that. Was just testing you. Was suggesting Marc Marrone as a name for the dog. Yeah, that's it...
                            Steve

Comment

A customer just came in with a 11 week old Rhodesian Ridgeback. A beautiful dog...friendly yet aloof. It should grow to at least 80pounds. They have a history of being used for lion hunting.
                              "If you know how many guns you own,”you don’t have enough guns.”

"What doesn't kill you ... will circle around for a second attempt."

Comment

Consider .... Spur..... Hammerhead.... or Thordsen .... if nothing else... they'll be controversial and have fun with your new best friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X