Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found a baby Eastern Box turtle in my garden the size of a dime. Please take a look.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last week I discovered this guy on my front lawn. About the size of a small dinner plate. We just left him alone and let him go about his business.

D5CB5DFA-A613-4B65-BB4B-3C4B50C20989.jpeg

Comment

Found these guys crossing the trail while we were walking at Wertheim National Wild Life Refuge Friday afternoon. The first one just came from a marshy area. I think he is a snapper. The second one is an Eastern Box Turtle ran into him way down the path.
      Attached Files

Comment

I helped this boy (or girl) cross the road at East Hampton Executive Airport.

55F837C9-DB79-4961-86DE-96BDBAE7160C.jpeg

Comment

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if you find an Eastern Box Turtle crossing the road you help it across in the same direction it’s going.

Comment

Originally posted by Highdice View Post
            Correct me if I’m wrong, but if you find an Eastern Box Turtle crossing the road you help it across in the same direction it’s going.
            Indeed, and I did. Any turtle crossing the road should be moved in the direction it’s heading. They’re heading that way for a reason.

Comment

Always thought that.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

A couple of years ago I found this girl in my backyard. Fed her some homegrown lettuce and sent her on her way.
                  9C9DB781-0A9D-4091-B16E-03316791B1CE.jpeg82671443-19D8-4C8A-8181-14A618A4129D.jpeg

Comment

With those orange highlights you should name him Trump 2020. Or MAGA.

Comment

Found one on our lawn the other days well which was a first. Went grab him some food and he hauled ass down the neighbors fence line. My son tried sharing his snow cone, but he wasn’t interested.

Comment

Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post
                        Last week I discovered this guy on my front lawn. About the size of a small dinner plate. We just left him alone and let him go about his business.

D5CB5DFA-A613-4B65-BB4B-3C4B50C20989.jpeg
                        That’s a red ear red slider. Not native to these parts and semi aquatic. They are common pets and are frequently discarded because they get too big for small aquariums.

Comment

Originally posted by Highdice View Post
                          Found these guys crossing the trail while we were walking at Wertheim National Wild Life Refuge Friday afternoon. The first one just came from a marshy area. I think he is a snapper. The second one is an Eastern Box Turtle ran into him way down the path.
                          The first one is a red eared slider.

Comment

I saw one once trying unsuccessfully to get up a curb and off the road. I stopped and put him up a foot or two away. And he turned around and went right back off the curb. I guess he didn't want my help.
                            Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post

That’s a red ear red slider. Not native to these parts and semi aquatic. They are common pets and are frequently discarded because they get too big for small aquariums.
                              Yeah, we couldn’t figure out where he came from. There is a small pond about three blocks away but that’s pretty damn far for this little guy to crawl. We just let him be and eventually he crawled off; to where I have no idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X