Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please

Need help re homing a German Shorthair pointer. We adopted a 6 month old GSP pup. She’s a very sweet girl with a pups enthusiasm. She is house trained and does all her bath rooming outside (with an occasional accident). She has started kennel training and is doing good.
    Unfortunately, our 3 yo standard poodle is hesitant with this new girl and has been jumped on and hurt. If anyone knows a family that could take ruby please PM me.
    Last edited by Karpteach; 11-08-2019, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Would the breeder want her back?

Comment

That’s the problem, the breeder died! 73-year-old man that had a stroke!

Comment

Wish I knew someone. :'(

Comment

Originally posted by FUAC View Post
            Wish I knew someone. :'(
            Me too.

Comment

Maybe reach out to GSP rescue.

Comment

Or a family memeber of the breeder... or someone that has one of his previous breedings.

Comment

I have a Brittany. Fantastic dogs. Maybe I can find a home (mine, perhaps).

Comment

Originally posted by Karpteach View Post
                    Need help re homing a German Shorthair pointer. We adopted a 6 month old GSP pup. She’s a very sweet girl with a pups enthusiasm. She is house trained and does all her bath rooming outside. She has started kennel training and is doing good.
                    Unfortunately, our 3 yo standard poodle is hesitant with this new girl and has been jumped on and hurt. If anyone knows a family that could take ruby please PM me.
                    Old dogs sometimes get annoyed by the high energy of a puppy.
                    My old dog was like that when my ex got a Golden.
                    Took awhile for him to chill and a lot of correction of the puppy but it eventually got tolerated and they were a pack. Then we split! LOL
                    "Get a Dog. Cause Cats Are For Bitches!"

Comment

I will ask my daughter, im the mean time did you try a trainer for the older dog?
                      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
                      - Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
                      - James Madison

Comment

Jeff is a dog guy but I’d give even money it was this pic that got his attention 🤭

140A4A51-1951-4852-9B44-BA2019910F14.jpeg

Comment

I had a pointer when I first moved to NY. Great dog! If I was home more often and lived in an apartment that allowed pets I would strongly consider but dog would get neglected in my place. Good luck, thats a beautiful dog!

Comment

Originally posted by FUAC View Post
                            Maybe reach out to GSP rescue.
                            The GSP rescue is dead on Long Island. I went that route. The NJ GSP rescue is the closest.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbytaz View Post
                              I will ask my daughter, im the mean time did you try a trainer for the older dog?
                              The older dog is just too wired for a pup (or at least that’s what we were told).

Comment

Working...
                              X