Does your dog watch television?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does your dog watch television?

My dogs stay at a “pet hotel” when we go away.

On one occasion we were told that one of my dogs became very upset because they temporarily forgot to turn on the video in his “suite”.

The video at the pet hotel consists of “flashes” of images of people smiling, rabbits and other prey running across grass fields, moist dog food in a bowl, etc. Each scene lasts for a few seconds.

My dogs do not acknowledge t.v. at home in any manner (regardless of the content).

Below are photos which depict a layout similar to the pet hotel.

Do you think my dog’s barking was unrelated to the video not playing?

Do you think he may only like videos if he is contained to a basically bare room all day?

Do you think the Pet Hotel captured the perfect formula which makes dogs happy?

pets2.jpg mnmnnmnmn.jpg aphsuite1.jpg

Fooled again.
    i thought this was a firearms forum.
    Post count uber alles!
    Saying we don’t need firearms because we have the Police is like saying we don’t need fire extinguishers because we have the Fire Department.
    Rich or poor, it's good to have money!
    If 'pro' is the opposite of 'con', what is the opposite of 'progress'?
    If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.
    A nation of sheep, invites a government of wolves.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeye View Post
      Fooled again.
      i thought this was a firearms forum.
      That it is, with a sub forum entitled "Pet's and Malaka's dates"

I guess you only like goat jokes.

Comment

my golden does . if i put on youtube with animals on it she will sit on the bed and watch it

Comment

My dog occasionally seems to be watching tv, more so when we are watching TV and she hears a dog bark. My mother's dogs watch the TV when there are any animals on the screen and when they run off the screen, the dogs run to the side of the TV to see where the animals went, it is pretty damn funny.
          Ben

Comment

Absolutely, especially the smarter ones. But my dogs don'tget put in prison if we go away... but that's just me.

Comment

My dog watches sometimes. But, I'd never put my dog in a "hotel" if I went away. Either he's coming with me, or someone's coming to watch him. Leaving a dog in a strange area without anyone they know is extremely stressful for them. Imagine what a lost child feels like - only they speak a different language from everyone around them.

Comment

I had a National Geographic special on Wolves on a couple of years back. Not only did my 121 lb. German Shepherd damn near knock over a 59" TV trying to chase the wolves whom exited the screen to the left, after that special, all my dogs took up the habit of howling in unison, especially when sirens go off.

Comment

So, when do we start buying flat panels for the dogs with paw sized remotes?

crazy enough.gif

Comment

Generally no, none of my dogs have ever really noticed the TV unless there's another dog on barking or crying. They usually react to sounds more than images.

However, we once were watching the Westminster Dog Show and my dog kept trying to sniff the butts of some of the dogs on screen.
                    Give a man fire, and he stays warm for one night. Set a man on fire, and he stays warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Never. But when the doorbell rings ( which occurs in countless commercials) he goes nuts and runs to the door
                      "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Barney never watched TV but he did bark when a doorbell rang in a commercial. Silly dog!

Pebbles will watch TV if a cat food commercial comes on with meowing and cats on the screen. She'll watch nature shows with animals for a little while but I usually change the channel because watching the kill scenes makes me sad. I know it's nature but watching a poor lil' gazelle being taken out by Leo isn't very entertaining for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovemyglock View Post
                          Barney never watched TV but he did bark when a doorbell rang in a commercial. Silly dog!

Pebbles will watch TV if a cat food commercial comes on with meowing and cats on the screen. She'll watch nature shows with animals for a little while but I usually change the channel because watching the kill scenes makes me sad. I know it's nature but watching a poor lil' gazelle being taken out by Leo isn't very entertaining for me.
                          Lion lives matter.

Comment

My smart, large dog doesn't. My smaller one watches all the time. Honestly, he loves certain shows better than most - not sure what that's about. He once watched a The Walking Dead marathon for literally HOURS, we have some of it on video on someone's phone. He also runs and barks at the door for TV doorbells.
                            “The Wise are silent, the Foolish speak, and children are thus led astray.”
                            Algernon Blackwood

Comment

Sometimes I play the videos on my phone of my dog as a puppy. She sniffs the phone and wimpers like she wants to meet that little puppy.
                              Give a man fire, and he stays warm for one night. Set a man on fire, and he stays warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
                              X