Urgent help needed to foster yellow lab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent help needed to foster yellow lab

Short story long, I need to find a foster home for a 6-7 yo yellow lab by this weekend. Don't want to explain the whole situation here but a family friend (15 yo boy) has been basically living on his own but now has to move in with his cousin and can't take the dog. No idea how the dog is, believe it's a male and well behaved, not sure how long it would be.

This kid has been through so much I can't even begin to tell you. He's a great kid and would prefer to have someone close foster his dog so he can see him often. He's not far from campsite currently but not sure where cousins live.

If anyone can help and lives near campsite or we can work something out where I can drive him to see his dog once in awhile, I'm sure that would mean the world to him. I don't know...I'm at a loss and can't even fathom how this kid is so good after all he's been through.

we need to find a place by this weekend. If you would consider it, please shoot me a PM and it goes without saying, Dicks need not apply. This kid has been through enough and need someone willing to accommodate if in fact his cousins are local. I know 99.5 % of the folks here are aces, but wanted to be very clear as I'm trying to protect this kid as best as possible. We're trying to find out where he's moving to so "visitation" may or may not happen.

Several on here have my cell, if you do and interested, call me anytime, I'll fill you in but take your allergy meds first. PM me if you don't have my cell and are interested.
    The escape is nowhere near complete. The inventor of LIBERAL fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 45 because the 44th never worked.)

I would have helped here but I just picked up two puppies last week and wife would kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by MossbergMan View Post
      I would have helped here but I just picked up two puppies last week and wife would kill me.
      No worries, please ask around. Limited time so ib have to find something for this kid. I know my dog won't get along otherwise I'd take the kid and the dog.
      The escape is nowhere near complete. The inventor of LIBERAL fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 45 because the 44th never worked.)

Comment

It’s a crap situation but he might be more successful giving the dog up altogether. Finding someone to get attached to his dog for an unknown length of time can’t be easy for all involved, including the dog.
        Good luck!
        Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

• Diesel1
          Diesel1
          Opposite of above me
          Diesel1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree but if I told you the full story, you'd understand. This kid has lost everything and everyone around him. His mom is in poor health which is why he has to move in with cousins. Imho, if his mom passes, I think he would stay with cousins making the dog thing permanent to the fostering family

• Barnslayer
          Barnslayer
          It's still 9-11-01
          Barnslayer commented
          Editing a comment
          I get it. He doesn’t want to lose everything. Hanging onto hopes of regaining the dog. Tough situation.

Sounds like a really difficult situation and my commendations to you for helping. I’d be happy to foster the lab assuming he’ll get along with my 3 but I think I’m too far away from Huntington for this kid to visit him.
        Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Unfortunately, my gut tells me his mom won't make much longer and his move to the cousins will be permanent. I would assume this means whomever fosters the dog will keep it. I can't confirm as everything is in a state of Flux. If his mom miraculously finds another kidney and it takes this time, perhaps she would be able to go return home, get her son back home, then dog.

Comment

if all else fails, there are many no kill private shelters that will take the dog in and find a foster home, if you explain the details they can tell the foster home it may be temporary or permanent depending on factors...just do a google search...theres on in freeport..

Bobbie and the strays...
          https://bobbiandthestrays.org/

Bobbi and the Strays, a non-profit, no-kill organization, rescues and provides essential care for orphaned, stray, abused, and special needs cats and dogs. Through rehabilitation, socialization, and adoption, we provide a humane service to all animals that come into our care.
          Over the years, our mission has evolved to include educational programs to prevent animal abuse and neglect and raise awareness of the importance of spaying/neutering; and community services for low-income and elderly pet owners that improve the quality of life for animals and the people throughout New York City and Long Island.
          Our core belief that animals deserve our love, compassion, and respect is the basis for everything we do

You cant cure stupid, only kill it......
          Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.....

Comment

I'll ask around
            Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

BUMP & I also want to keep track of this thread
              Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Comment

You’re good stuff, Drew. Wish I could offer to help but we are not able to take on a dog for a few reasons right now.
                I’ll try to spread the word.

Good luck

Comment

• Diesel1
                  Diesel1
                  Opposite of above me
                  Diesel1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just trying to catch up to you. I have a long, long, long way to go

I’d jump in a second ,I just got a puppy also, I want to mention that one of the social media outlets has a animal “rescue “ network. For example a Dalmatian showed up in my driveway,I thought it was a local dog ,I was wrong, someone driving by asked what’s up I told him, I swear it went on the net and was across the north and south shore , people came by to drive around looking for it’s owner.it was a insane response, bottemline with in a hour I had the address where he belonged , I brought him home. His owner died of cancer that day. Dog went with his partner.
                what I’m saying is these people are fanatics about helping. Just a thought if we can’t help here.

Comment

Update- he does get along with other dogs.

Comment

UPDATE: Home has been found!

Thank you all for taking time to try and help.

Comment

For the record, I did meet BUBBA and he was a gentle, loving, lab that I wish I could have kept. I know my demon at home wouldn't get along with a male dog larger him so that would have been a challenge. That said, Bubba really was a great dog and I hope he finds comfort in his new temporary or otherwise home.

Thank you all for looking out and trying to find a home for him.

Comment

Working...
                  X