Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man shoots 400lb black bear in home with 40 cal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man shoots 400lb black bear in home with 40 cal.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/co...caliber-pistol
    "Those who beat their swords into plowshares will end up plowing for those who have swords."

One of my all time favorite breakfasts is bear, butter eggs and toast.Mmmmm!

Comment

Saying that it was extremely chaotic situation would be a massive understatement! This guy kept his cool, used what he had on hand correctly and ,fortunately, came out with a "win". He's got huge ass brass balls!!!
      Last edited by Surfer21; 08-20-2022, 11:44 AM.

Comment

You do what you have to...
        Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Clear example of why you need to carry 10mm or greater in bear country. This was a black bear, and not even a very big one by Alaska or Montana standards, and he had to empty 15 rounds into of .40 into the bear. If the bear had been attacking the man he would be dead.
          Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

• LI Ammo
            LI Ammo commented
            Editing a comment
            Not to mention a change of ammo. No HPs in bear country, gotta go hard cast bullets or even FMJs. The hide of a 400 pound bear will stop an HP bullet pretty quickly. I have two bear heads on the wall, neither would have cared about a HP bullet judging by the postmortem examination of the two..

• class3
            class3 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've been carrying this load in bear country.

https://d3gxe0jmvtuxbc.cloudfront.ne...rge/111690.jpg

It reads as he was not set up for a bear intruder more like a home defense setup, which the .40 in whatever platform is perfectly fine for. For bear, I’d prefer a LAWs rocket but that’s just me…

Comment

Try that with 9mm.

Cue the 9mm fanboys……..

Comment

• M-14BULLETTS
              M-14BULLETTS commented
              Editing a comment
              would have blown lung out

• Surfer21
              Surfer21 commented
              Editing a comment
              maybe both....

Emptied a Marlin in .45-70 into a griz that took a liking to us- never missed (aiming for head/shoulder, and it died at my feet
            Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

• Ricekila
              Ricekila commented
              Editing a comment
              Rip --- is that you ?

I like bears. They are cute.
            Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

• LI Ammo
              LI Ammo commented
              Editing a comment
              They are very cute.
              They would also find you delicious.
          Working...
          X