No announcement yet.

Harbor Freight Recalls Jack Stands That Could Suddenly Collapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched a video about these stands a year ago. The problem is the teeth that the pawl engages in is flat. So if you knock the release handle hard enough under a load it could release causing the stand to collapse. 11.PNG It's just not going to fail on its own without some outside help. Would I use them, no, I'm returning mine.

Comment

Originally posted by pandm View Post
      I would only use Harbor Freight ANYTHING if I was planning on using it once and throwing it away immediately afterwards.
      The Johns Bargain Store of hardware.
      Believe it or not, their floor jacks are actually pretty good, I was shocked the first time I used one. We have a wide variety of jacks in the garage to choose from, and I have no problem using the Harbor Freight one.

Comment

I guess my pair of 62393 6 Ton stands are still good to go

Comment

I love the set I got from my dad that he bought back in the seventies when he opened his first shop. The layer of bondo dust alone can probably hold a ton.

Comment

Thanks OP. I have a set. Funny always used in conjunction with jack incase jack failed.

Comment

6DDE0695-FFAF-4C3F-BF9D-11F1917C0FFA.jpeg
              The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Jack stands from China.......what could go wrong?
                "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Originally posted by Coqui View Post
                  Thanks OP. I have a set. Funny always used in conjunction with jack incase jack failed.
                  good idea...unless it’s a HF jack .

Comment

I would not use any tools from harbor freight that if they fail may kill you.
                    let's make america great again

Comment

China does not give a shit about quality or the safety of their products.
                      Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Working...
                      X