No announcement yet.

Toro has recalled about 6,700 snowblowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked up Toro 826 from Mineola Mower a few years ago from a recomendation here. It's a beast and has never failed to start, never broke a shear bolt and always disengages. The only thing that kinda sucks is being the only one on the block with a snow blower. Every year I just add Stabil and run it dry till it stalls. Three oil changes, god to go. (I hope I didn't just jinx myself)......

Comment

Reminds me of the joke about the guy who comes home early from work at the pickle factory. His wife asks why and he says "I got fired because I had this strange compulsion and put my penis into the pickle slicer".
      His wife says "Oh my god! What about the pickle slicer?"
      The husband says "She got fired too".

I think it loses a little in the translation from yiddish.

Comment

Since we appear to have some folks who know there way around a snowblower maybe I can get an answer/opinion on something.

Has anyone installed one of those kits on the 2nd stage impeller? It is basically a piece of stiff rubber and maybe some self tapping screws and/or bolts and you attach it to each impeller blade to reduce or eliminate the gap between the impeller blades and the housing so slushy snow doesn't build up there and clog the machine. The lastest storm left a bunch of wet heavy snow at the foot of my driveway from when they plowed and it was actually faster to shovel it out than use the snowblower which kept getting clogged.

https://www.amazon.com/3-Blade-Snow-...3747081&sr=8-9

panem et circenses

Comment

Originally posted by Win1300 View Post
          Since we appear to have some folks who know there way around a snowblower maybe I can get an answer/opinion on something.

Has anyone installed one of those kits on the 2nd stage impeller? It is basically a piece of stiff rubber and maybe some self tapping screws and/or bolts and you attach it to each impeller blade to reduce or eliminate the gap between the impeller blades and the housing so slushy snow doesn't build up there and clog the machine. The lastest storm left a bunch of wet heavy snow at the foot of my driveway from when they plowed and it was actually faster to shovel it out than use the snowblower which kept getting clogged.

https://www.amazon.com/3-Blade-Snow-...3747081&sr=8-9

I found it easier to ensure small amounts of the slush/ice were being chewed up at a time. I would break it up with a shovel and then use the blower to move the now broken up and stretched out mess. It minimized clogging for me.

Comment

Working...
          X