RECALL: Kidde Fire Extinguishers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RECALL: Kidde Fire Extinguishers

There's a good chance a lot of you have Kidde fire extinguishers in your homes and there's a good chance they're part of this massive recall. Over 40 million units going back to 1973! The problems mentioned are clogging of the nozzle and handles or buttons breaking when used. I suspect a lot of people forget to pull the pin and just mash the handle in a panic and break it. But, whatever.

https://www.consumerreports.org/fire...uisher-recall/
    https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/ki...-discharge-and
    https://inmarmarketaction.com/kidde/Kidde284US/

I have three, so I'm going to call tomorrow rather than fill out the form on their web site. Supposedly, they will send you replacements. Good deal because the ones I have will probably work fine if they're ever needed.
    I don't need a gun.
    I have never needed a gun.
    I hope I never need a gun and in all likelihood, I will never need a gun.
    However, if I ever need a gun, I had better have a gun.
    Therefore, I have a gun.

Regards,
    Chris

See what happens when you make that shit in China for 5he lowest penny possible?? People die and burn. Property lost. Learn a lesson America

Comment

I doubt they were making them in China during the Nixon Administration..

The newer ones I have say made in MEH-HEE-KO.
      I don't need a gun.
      Therefore, I have a gun.

Regards,
      Chris

Comment

Great, I have three as well. Thanks for posting this. I never would’ve known about it otherwise.

Comment

I have three at home. All are made in the US.
          Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

This video is the best explanation on how to tell if your model is or is not part of the recall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Xm...ature=youtu.be

I've got two recalled extinguishers, and two from Kidde that are not recalled.

Comment

Thanks for posting this. Two of my four Kidde (all US made) are affected, and are being replaced in 10-15 business days.
              Steve

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to post this, Blammo!

Comment

Ok thread retracted. My apologies to the Chinese for thinking they make inferior junk being sold in America at dollar stores.

Comment

Well, wouldn'tchya know, none of mine are covered by the recall. Sucks for me, no freebies.
                    Last edited by BLAMMO!!; 11-20-2017, 08:09 PM.
                    I don't need a gun.
                    Therefore, I have a gun.

Regards,
                    Chris

Comment

I have 4. I was confused, so I just called them. They were great on the phone. None of them part of the recall.

Thanks for posting this!
                      Trying not to be a thread killer....

Comment

Fortunately, most of mine are metal valved units and not subject to recall. I think I have 4 or 5 that are part of this. Gotta hate not having confidence in your equipment. I've used these at times where it was imperative that they worked. Thinking back, I went "What the Hell was I thinking?"
                        Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

I got my two recalled replacements yesterday, and the old ones were just picked up by FedEx (at work, so I already had a pickup scheduled) today.
                          Out with the plastic valved (plastic handled, plastic pinned) crap, and in with all metal. Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by rlitman View Post
                            I got my two recalled replacements yesterday, and the old ones were just picked up by FedEx (at work, so I already had a pickup scheduled) today.
                            Out with the plastic valved (plastic handled, plastic pinned) crap, and in with all metal. Yay!
                            So, they make you send the old ones back?
                            I don't need a gun.
                            Therefore, I have a gun.

Regards,
                            Chris

Comment

WOW! I missed the OP while away hunting. Thanks for posting this Blammo. I must have at least 10 or more units between home and upstate, gotta check them all now.

Comment

Working...
                              X