Looking for an outdoor security camera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for an outdoor security camera

I'm looking for an outdoor security camera. Needs to be POE, PTZ, good optical zoom & good night vision distance.

Any recommendations?

ETA: Needs to be ONVIF Compliant as well.
    Last edited by Tonto; 03-12-2019, 11:59 AM.
    If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...

Anyone?

Comment

Northforksportsman is they guy you want to talk to

Comment

I've been looking at the Ring camera system.
        I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
        I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post
          For the doorbell, I was thinking of the Ring Pro, but I want to be able to record the video on my own NVR/NAS unit.

But I'm having some work done on the house & now need to add an additional camera to my system. I'd like it to be POE, PTZ, good optical zoom & good night vision distance.

Comment

1I've got a Ring doorbell, 3 spotlight cameras, and a solar powered spotlight camera for a corner where I couldn't (wouldn't) route electricity through the brickwork. The videos show up on my phones, tablets, and computers. Works well in bright sunlight as well as in dark of night. I couldn't be happier. As far as all your specs are concerned, I'm not techno-savvy and didn't understand a thing.

Comment

I agree. I just didn't want to deal with an entire DVR system. And Ring seems modular enough to expand as needed.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

No problems with my ring doorbell or spot light cam.

Comment

Originally posted by Xm15pilot View Post
                  No problems with my ring doorbell or spot light cam.
                  The cam, battery or hardwired?

Comment

The cam, battery or hardwired?
                    Battery doorbell and battery cam with solar panel, everything works perfectly. I pay the $100 year for their video storage for unlimited cams, extended warranty on cams and 10% off new purchases.

Comment

How long are the batteries lasting?

Comment

How long are the batteries lasting?
                        Prob charge the doorbell once a month but I have the sensitivity high. The cam with solar panel, never. They sell a solar charger for the doorbell too.

Comment

Only thing about Ring is it only records about a minute at a time from when it senses motion. Also no pan tilt zoom, etc.

I agree, it's dead simple from an install perspective and user friendly enough that my wife can easily use it. My four year old daughter will actually ring the doorbell to say hi to us mid day, and will ask to see what animals came by when she wakes up in the morning.

That being said if you want to be able to do solid live monitoring and more recording you'll need something better.

-Vick
                          High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Ohh also if you have a brick house....be aware that wifi cameras take a big hit. Especially if you have lath and plaster walls.

It takes about 15-30 seconds for my cameras to load onto my phone from when I say "go". Not the end of the world, but not sure what you're expectations are.
                            High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Bump for the morning...still looking for a good camera

Comment

Working...
                              X