Looking for an outdoor security camera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeterGunn View Post

1I've got a Ring doorbell, 3 spotlight cameras, and a solar powered spotlight camera for a corner where I couldn't (wouldn't) route electricity through the brickwork. The videos show up on my phones, tablets, and computers. Works well in bright sunlight as well as in dark of night. I couldn't be happier. As far as all your specs are concerned, I'm not techno-savvy and didn't understand a thing.
    Can you provide the model info on the solar panel camera?

Thanks.
    NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
    NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
    Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

3669C3C5-A3CA-47CC-B0B0-A50C4F43C881.jpeg05D8D9AC-3B90-4BED-8D44-87B3649F1E16.jpeg
      Originally posted by Synner View Post

Can you provide the model info on the solar panel camera?

Thanks.
      Here’s the spotlight cam and solar panel I have.

Comment

Keeping this security camera thread on topic...So what's a good HD shotgun?
        If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...

Comment

Originally posted by Tonto View Post
          They're all good ... until they aren't!

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post

That being said if you want to be able to do solid live monitoring and more recording you'll need something better.

-Vick
            That's what I'm looking for

Comment

FWIW I've read the DVR systems sold at Costco are not every good.
              I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
              I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post
                FWIW I've read the DVR systems sold at Costco are not every good.
                We're building our own.

Comment

Bump for the 10:18 am crowd...

Comment

PM inbound.

Comment

Originally posted by Xm15pilot View Post

Prob charge the doorbell once a month but I have the sensitivity high. The cam with solar panel, never. They sell a solar charger for the doorbell too.
                      Get this and no more charging;

https://shop.ring.com/products/solar...video-doorbell
                      "Except the Lord build they labor in vain that build it." I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without his concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall God governs in the affairs of men. I have lived, Sir, a long time..."
                      Ben Franklin, arguably our least faith driven founding father

Comment

Originally posted by Hannco View Post
                        I’d like to but I don’t get much sun with the portico

Comment

Originally posted by Xm15pilot View Post

I’d like to but I don’t get much sun with the portico
                          Mine is under an awning and I haven't charged it since this install. It mounts in seconds using the same screw pattern.
                          "Except the Lord build they labor in vain that build it." I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without his concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall God governs in the affairs of men. I have lived, Sir, a long time..."
                          Ben Franklin, arguably our least faith driven founding father

Comment

Originally posted by Tonto View Post
                            This.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannco View Post

Mine is under an awning and I haven't charged it since this install. It mounts in seconds using the same screw pattern.
                              Maybe I’ll give it a try then, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
                                Ohh also if you have a brick house....be aware that wifi cameras take a big hit. Especially if you have lath and plaster walls.

It takes about 15-30 seconds for my cameras to load onto my phone from when I say "go". Not the end of the world, but not sure what you're expectations are.
                                Wifi to exterior ring cams are spotty. No ability to record to a sd card local and update to cloud later. Lose your wifi you lose all ability to record and replay.

the short video segments are limited and take a bit to reset for next captured video segments.

good for occasional light use. Also, no local power no record. Even with solar must keep panel clean and clear.

Comment

Working...
                                X