X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel1
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigCountry View Post

I have the ring doorbell and I like it, but I have so many windows that it would cost a lot to cover them all, or even just my first floor ones.
    Don't do just the first floor.......ask me how I know.

Leave a comment:

• TheBigCountry
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthForkSportsman View Post

Just use a motion detector to cover entire room. Hard to justify installing per window. Pre construction yes hard wire sensor each to create the zone.
    That would work for away mode, but when home it would be tough to do with little kids going to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Leave a comment:

• NorthForkSportsman
    replied
    Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
    I’ve cooled to Ring. Stories of monitoring and misuse of collided or stored data bother me. Similar to Alexa, I just don’t trust these corporate intrusions the devices allow. Also, Ring is negotiating with many, many localities to permit access to their systems for “authorized” or “public safety” reasons. Slippery slope stuff, kinda like EZ-Pass records now being a part of every divorce action or criminal case where location, activity or movement is questioned.
    Anything connected to the internet or cellular is tracked. It's the norm. There is no privacy unfortunately anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• NorthForkSportsman
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigCountry View Post

I have the ring doorbell and I like it, but I have so many windows that it would cost a lot to cover them all, or even just my first floor ones.
    Just use a motion detector to cover entire room. Hard to justify installing per window. Pre construction yes hard wire sensor each to create the zone.

Leave a comment:

• Huntington Guy
    replied
    I’ve cooled to Ring. Stories of monitoring and misuse of collided or stored data bother me. Similar to Alexa, I just don’t trust these corporate intrusions the devices allow. Also, Ring is negotiating with many, many localities to permit access to their systems for “authorized” or “public safety” reasons. Slippery slope stuff, kinda like EZ-Pass records now being a part of every divorce action or criminal case where location, activity or movement is questioned.

Leave a comment:

• TheBigCountry
    replied
    Been testing Ring Alarm. Simple setup. Local alerts or central station. DIY friendly for sure. Low equipment and low monthly

Leave a comment:

• NorthForkSportsman
    replied
    Been testing Ring Alarm. Simple setup. Local alerts or central station. DIY friendly for sure. Low equipment and low monthly

Leave a comment:

• TheBigCountry
    replied
    Originally posted by undrwtr1 View Post
    That is really interesting. Basically you remove your panel but use all the same wires and sensors and jake your alarm capable of WiFi and controlled by your phone, and price isn’t bad. I’ll def keep it in mind while I play around with mine. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• undrwtr1
    replied
    https://konnected.io/ smart home!!

Leave a comment:

• TheBigCountry
    replied
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I called ADT when we first moved in and they offered a pretty ridiculous plan that was crazy expensive and didn’t cover hardly any windows or doors. I’m really only interested in a noise maker when we’re home to alert me. Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• warmnfuzzy
    replied
    Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post

Do you have to fill out a form that asks if you have ammo?
    never been asked

Leave a comment:

• Barnslayer
    replied
    Originally posted by warmnfuzzy View Post
    new systems are cheap and you get a deduction on your home owners insurance . It's worth the money if only for the fire alarm to the FD
    Do you have to fill out a form that asks if you have ammo?

Leave a comment:

• warmnfuzzy
    replied
    new systems are cheap and you get a deduction on your home owners insurance . It's worth the money if only for the fire alarm to the FD

Leave a comment:

• Surfer21
    replied
    The panel is old. FBI is long gone. Was bought out by Pittway then Honeywell. Hence why you have honeywell keypads.
    LOL I remember when Pittway/First Alert purchased ADEMCO...

Leave a comment:

• Surfer21
    replied
    Unfortunately, that particular alarm panel& keypad is kinda obsolete at this point circa 1990 IIRC . Also keep in mind that a lot of older alarms panels have trouble with or won't be able to "communicate" to a central monitoring station over whatever telco lines are present (voip, etc) so night be a no-go all around. If the keypad dies or there any issues with main panel it will be scrap as most Alarm Co. won't or can't service these older panels.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X