Security cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security cameras

I have 8 security cameras with the wires in my attic. The previous owner had them connected to an nvr in a bedroom and I’m moving it to another room. The wires are rg59 with a power line, I believe it’s called an analog 3 wire system. So after I extend the wires and bring them down my new wall, what NVR do I get?
    heres my needs -
    the NVR will be upstairs with our home computer, I need to be able to wirelessly view the cameras in my first floor bedroom with a tablet. I don’t want any screen upstairs, only the NVR. Maybe I only need a DVR? I don’t know anything about the differences. I don’t really need to record.

thanks in advance!

NorthForkSportsman is the guy you want.
    High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
      NorthForkSportsman is the guy you want.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THAT^^^^^^^^He may not be as good looking as me, but he knows everything about security cameras..........

Comment

With rg59 cables, you don't have an NVR, you have a DVR setup. A Network Video Recorder is going to use cat5/6 network cables, which carries the data AND the power to the camera's.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCountry View Post
          I have 8 security cameras with the wires in my attic. The previous owner had them connected to an nvr in a bedroom and I’m moving it to another room. The wires are rg59 with a power line, I believe it’s called an analog 3 wire system. So after I extend the wires and bring them down my new wall, what NVR do I get?
          heres my needs -
          the NVR will be upstairs with our home computer, I need to be able to wirelessly view the cameras in my first floor bedroom with a tablet. I don’t want any screen upstairs, only the NVR. Maybe I only need a DVR? I don’t know anything about the differences. I don’t really need to record.

thanks in advance!
          Reach out via pm. I will provide guidance

Comment

Originally posted by NorthForkSportsman View Post

Reach out via pm. I will provide guidance
            Will do, thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X