Home security cams CHEAP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home security cams CHEAP!!!

Ok, I know we have some extremely talented electricians, and home audio/video guys here. I would like to put this out for the “Do it yourself” guys and gals that like to keep the budget small, but with good results. I’ve had several of these WYZE cams in my house now for over a year. I’ve even mounted one outside under the soffit of my shed to watch over my backyard. THEY ARE CHEAP, THEY ARE EASY TO SET UP, and work great with the app. You can get a 2 pack for about $50. Here’s the amazon link:

Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Smart Home Camera with Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, Works with Alexa & the Google Assistant, White, 2-Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G2YR23M..._paiIEb75674CR

Excuse my yard. Still getting it together. But you can see for yourself. The quality is good. You can also hear and speak through them.

Comment

Tested these a while back. Home Depot had them on closeout sale for 9.99.
      limited to 2.4 ghz wireless, no 5 ghz . As such atreaming is a bit choppy i found. Again , a solid wireless signal is key.

High pixelation when you enlarge image. You need local power each location of camera. Good image during day , not great in direct sunlight. Night time was dark high shadowy image. Big time pixelation at night. if you have outdoor landscape lighting image improves greatly but image can have hot spots from light.

Found daytime images lacking in wide dynamic range filtering , so you can get a washed out dark shaded image , so location is key when you face these out a front door.

Overall for the price, you can get literally up and running in minutes. Good DIY project. They frequently go on sale. Keep eye on firmware revisions, helps over come many mobile connectivity issues.

Comment

Working...
      X