Google NEST plan changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google NEST plan changes

I just read that with the latest updates back in May Google NEST cameras no longer record 24/7 on the $6 plan. It only records on events now and I am reading a lot of complaints about missed events. To get 24/7 you need to upgrade to the $12 plan and I hear you need watch because some on the $12 plan still have issues.

ETA this includes doorbells too.
    Last edited by oshwan; 06-13-2020, 07:50 AM.

You have to be out of your damned mind to have a Google device monitoring your home.
    "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
    Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
    Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post
      You have to be out of your damned mind to have a Google device monitoring your home.
      Shhhh.
      What if mine hears you????
      "Get a Dog. Cause Cats Are For Bitches!"

Comment

I was paying $300/year (6 cameras), so the $144 is a much better deal for 10 day constant monitoring. They refunded me the difference when I verified the change on my account. So far I haven't had any issues.
        Life Member: ASA, GOA, NRA

Comment

My cheapness and hate for subscriptions drove me to a standard poe dvr system. More work to install, not user friendly but secure and I’m not at the mercy of whimsical subscription price hikes. Maybe consider ditching your google for such a system.

With that said, I’ve had my truck broken it into, and a bike stolen off my property since installing them and it’s clearly not been a deterrent nor an aid in catching any of these scumbags . Ditch the cameras all together and get a motion sensor for your sprinkler system... that’s my next move!

Comment

Originally posted by METALHEAD View Post
            My cheapness and hate for subscriptions drove me to a standard poe dvr system. More work to install, not user friendly but secure and I’m not at the mercy of whimsical subscription price hikes. Maybe consider ditching your google for such a system.

With that said, I’ve had my truck broken it into, and a bike stolen off my property since installing them and it’s clearly not been a deterrent nor an aid in catching any of these scumbags . Ditch the cameras all together and get a motion sensor for your sprinkler system... that’s my next move!
            A dvr/nvr system is certainly the way to go, but you should still have motion lights to cover all of your most important areas.

Comment

Ive been happy with my ring devices and if my wife makes me stay here I will be going to a dvr based 24hr system soon.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post

A dvr/nvr system is certainly the way to go, but you should still have motion lights to cover all of your most important areas.
                My house is lit from every angle. The fuckers just don’t care.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post

DVR/ NVR with Ring motion detection is a decent solution

Comment

Originally posted by NorthForkSportsman View Post

DVR/ NVR with Ring motion detection is a decent solution
                    NFS any experience with the Eufy line?

Comment

Originally posted by oshwan View Post

NFS any experience with the Eufy line?
                      Seen it. Not some thing that is in the distribution channels.

Comment

Working...
                      X