Locksmith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locksmith?

I feel like I should know the answer to this.... Anyone here. Locksmith who can quote me a price on installing a good touchcode lock for a front door?

Thanks.
    NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
    NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member

http://www.suffolklocksmith.com/
    Artist formerly known as TERRY P

Comment

i bought this one real easy to install

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0725BFYDL...&pd_rd_w=nkvON
      let's make america great again

Comment

You need to go to the garden and dig the biggest carrot you can find out of the ground
        The escape is nowhere near complete. The inventor of LIBERAL fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 45 because the 44th never worked.)

Comment

https://www.gokeyless.com

Great website, great customer service, talked me through a difficult install. I have mechanical combo locks so i don't have to worry about power failures or dead batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Havfun View Post
            i bought this one real easy to install

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0725BFYDL...&pd_rd_w=nkvON
            Is it as easy as drilling some holes and screwing two halves together like a regular deadbolt or.....?
            NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
            NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member

Comment

Originally posted by Synner View Post

Is it as easy as drilling some holes and screwing two halves together like a regular deadbolt or.....?
              I have the same one, and everything about it is pretty well like a regular deadbolt. There is just a wire that feeds through and plugs into the main body. Other than that, it's just a regular deadbolt. Fun to be able to open the door for your dogsitter from another country too.

Comment

Buy the Schlage BE365.
                Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

Originally posted by Synner View Post

Pretty much
                  let's make america great again

Comment

Or the Medico

Comment

I know we've got Suffolk Locksmith, but how about Nassau? Called a few this morning and found nothing but call center technician dispatch. Where's an old school guy I can know and trust and recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle13 View Post
                        I know we've got Suffolk Locksmith, but how about Nassau? Called a few this morning and found nothing but call center technician dispatch. Where's an old school guy I can know and trust and recommend?
                        There’s a guy in Hicksville LI locksmith and alarm. . He’s on Old Country Rd off of art 107. They cut keys and do service. Their people skills are very lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by Karpteach View Post

There’s a guy in Hicksville LI locksmith and alarm. . He’s on Old Country Rd off of art 107. They cut keys and do service. Their people skills are very lacking.
                          Thanks. Don't understand how a service based business can stay alive with bad people skills. Finding the same with these dispatch services. The cylinder on my detached garage went. Key just spins in there. I could probably figure it out with enough time spent on it and replace it, but too much shit on the "to do" list.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle13 View Post

Thanks. Don't understand how a service based business can stay alive with bad people skills. Finding the same with these dispatch services. The cylinder on my detached garage went. Key just spins in there. I could probably figure it out with enough time spent on it and replace it, but too much shit on the "to do" list.
                            Couldn't help myself. Call to the father-in-law to discuss, then some graphite spray, gentle convincing with a hammer, quick in n out with the key repeatedly, and slow turn of the key at resistance point while turning handle and a victorious "pop" of the lock.

Amazon has the replacement set for $29.99. Good to go. Solved a problem.

Comment

I am sending you a PM

Comment

Working...
                              X