I need a wall light timer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LiDad View Post

For a door front or walkway light random is good. But I think for just an outside garage light I only need it on in the evening when we get home from work or likely to be going out for fun,then maybe on briefly early AM when I go fishing or hunting. But dusk to dawn would work for that too.
    The program allows for any time on and off. I use it that way in my living room and change the programming when I leave town on my weekly gun buying trip.
    Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

We have the EJ351, plenty left in stock, not at the crazy prices either. $28.99, not $100.00 like ebay.

Not good for LEDs!
      LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, open seven days

Comment

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post
        We have the EJ351, plenty left in stock, not at the crazy prices either. $28.99, not $100.00 like ebay.

Not good for LEDs!
        I don't know of any line voltage powered 2-wire timers that are good for LED or CFL. These devices get the 120V to operate the timer through the circuit, so they're essentially leaking a small amount of current through the load, which is in this case the bulb filament. If you take the bulb out, the timer will stop. And it may not run reliably or at all with an LED or CFL. I seem to recall some digital timers in years past that got around this by using batteries, but they were a pain in the butt to program.

Are you sure there isn't a neutral available inside that box? Because if you have one, that will make things a LOT better.

Comment

Originally posted by rlitman View Post

Are you sure there isn't a neutral available inside that box? Because if you have one, that will make things a LOT better.
          Plenty of boxes don't. The older the house, the more likely the switch is a single stand-alone device in the box, and wiring to a switch leg was just faster and cheaper.
          Post 1950's houses have more multiple device boxes and more reason to need a neutral in the box.

LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, open seven days

Comment

Working...
          X