Remote door locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote door locks

So I have been thinking about adding a lock that I can allow access to other people with a code, fingerprint or I can open and lock remotely. Anyone have any recommendations for any?

Thank You

Schlage offers them but it’s subscription based. You could get the basic electronic lock and set temp codes you can give out.
    Pat ------> NRA Lifetime Endowment Member #FAAFO

Comment

Not a fan but if you have a smart home system/home alarm
      there are many remote deadbolt options you can unlock and lock remotely with your phone. This would give you the most control but they are hack-able(compatible with ring and simplisafe and adt)

there are many electronic lock setups and keypad locks like the Schlage series. Search through Amazon for ideas with those.

really depends by on budget and application.
      Last edited by Destro; 08-05-2022, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamuscull View Post
        So I have been thinking about adding a lock that I can allow access to other people with a code, fingerprint or I can open and lock remotely. Anyone have any recommendations for any?

Thank You
        Are you using it for commercial or your own residential? I've used Schlage for both for many years at home with no issues. The batteries last a long time in them too and the give you a low battery warning when it's time to change the battery.

If you're using it for a rental property - look into a RFID tag lock. I used a Schlage keypad but it got to be a hassle whenever I needed to change the code and had a huge problem once when someone started to share his code with his party-friends. With the RFID keychain tag - you're only getting one tag, two if you're a couple. I can also see which tag is being used how often and at what times so it gives me an idea if the tag is being shared.

Comment

I have this for two years, Works great no problems.

Comment

August allows you to convert a single cylinder deadbolt into an electronic deadbolt by replacing the interior side (leaving the rest of the lock in place). You can add guest access that allows other users to unlock over bluetooth (i.e. the guest must be within about 30' of the lock), and with the WiFi connector module, you as the owner can unlock from anywhere. You can restrict guests to certain hours, and if you want to (I wouldn't) you can link it to other things.

Unlike the Schlage option, August has no subscription cost. I strongly recommend using the magnet so it is aware if the door is open or closed. My neighbor has a Schlage, and if she leaves the front door open for 15 seconds (the timer she has set), the deadbolt extends, regardless of whether the door is closed or not. The August is capable of knowing if the door is closed or not, and via the app, you can see whether it is open, closed, and locked or unlocked.

Retail is a bit up there, but if you're willing to deal with an Amazon warehouse deal, they can be had for under $150 all the time, and even under $100 every so often:

Comment

• rlitman
              rlitman commented
              Editing a comment
              Remembering something here.
              There's a bluetooth number pad made for the August too. I considered it, but the reviews are awful. The auto-lock/unlock works well enough if your phone is paired.

I use a LOCKLY for a while, service is good . I have a fingerprint scanner , a digital combo . A key and WiFi. And Bluetooth on one lock .
            was not too expensive.
            Maldonado if you get a fingerprint scanner get s left handed one as the door jam is too tight to get your finger in to scan it. They exchanged it for me .
            Last edited by mickeyblueyes; 08-06-2022, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X