Champion gun safe value

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Champion gun safe value

I have an opportunity to purchase a used Champion safe & would like to know what the fair value is. It's an older model & I can't seem to find it through searches. It is 30"w x 24"d x 60"h with a mechanical lock. The person selling it is a close friend of my family so I want to be fair. Moving it will be straight forward as it is in a detached garage. Here's the only pic I have of it. Let me know what you think of it & it's value.
    Thanks.
    NRA Life member

That has to be an older version of their model T or Medalist. Not knowing which model it is makes it hard to pin down a good value. A current version starts around $800, so maybe $400-$450.

They have a decent reputation in the industry. Their higher end models get pricey real quick.
    Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

Thanks Pat.
      NRA Life member

Comment

Pate is correct, it looks like an older MT21which was selling for $700-$800 early last year. The trade tariff raised safe prices in the last quarter of 2018. It's a good safe and should have an SG lock on it. I would say $400 is fair for both parties.

Comment

Factor in the cost of moving it, if you can't do it yourself. That can be more than the safe is worth.
          Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by class3 View Post
            Factor in the cost of moving it, if you can't do it yourself. That can be more than the safe is worth.
            PO said the safe was in an attached garage, and it would be an easy move. Wish my garage looked like that.........

Comment

Is the stethoscope needed to get into the safe? Could lower the value, just saying.
              Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
              Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

Make sure you can change the combination if you buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn B View Post
                  Make sure you can change the combination if you buy it.
                  If the door can be opened, the combo can be changed.
                  Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

Originally posted by SlowTime View Post
                    Pate is correct, it looks like an older MT21which was selling for $700-$800 early last year. The trade tariff raised safe prices in the last quarter of 2018. It's a good safe and should have an SG lock on it. I would say $400 is fair for both parties.
                    I would buy two at that price.

Comment

Working...
                    X