Need help to choose which pistol rack for my Safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

I'm not too sure cutting the tabs off in the back of the Hyskore because your handgun will be almost as high. It really depends on how much height you have and if you'll need the room in front of the rack. For me, I have a bunch of shelves in one of my handgun safes and they're kinda' close together. Here's an example of an older safe, photo is probably 6+ years old.

20180603_221250 2.jpg

You can see there's row of handguns in the rear and others in front. The Hyskore raises the height of the sights about an inch - so you really need more room than there is in this photo.
    Here's a perfect example of mixed emotions ---

I'm envious & what a mess --

I gots a separate cabinet for ammo & kept pistol ammo --- with the handguns --- now I'm gonna move all the ammo into its own home - after I felt line & light it --- If I can eliminate the top most shelf ---- oodles of room ---- I think ?

P/S -- will you adopt me --
    NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

Be careful with the pistol racks with foam on them as cushions etc. Those have a tendency to hold some sort of moisture and/or other contaminants that can affect your finish on your guns, BTDT! Currently, I prefer the rubber coated wire racks/shelves.

Comment

https://gun-racks.com/pistol_racks
        I have these, phenomenal!

Comment

I'm not too sure cutting the tabs off in the back of the Hyskore because your handgun will be almost as high anyway. It really depends on how much height you have and if you'll need the room in front of the rack. For me, I have a bunch of shelves in one of my handgun safes and they're kinda' close together. Here's an example of an older safe, photo is probably 6+ years old.

20180603_221250 2.jpg

You can see there's row of handguns in the rear and others in front. The Hyskore raises the height of the sights about an inch - so you really need more room than there is in this photo.
          ]
          Looks like the evidence locker in the basement of some precinct.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricekila View Post

Here's a perfect example of mixed emotions ---

I'm envious & what a mess --

I gots a separate cabinet for ammo & kept pistol ammo --- with the handguns --- now I'm gonna move all the ammo into its own home - after I felt line & light it --- If I can eliminate the top most shelf ---- oodles of room ---- I think ?

P/S -- will you adopt me --
            Lol, yeah, the more I mess with them, the more disorganized they get. Most of the time the ones in that safe are somewhat neat and orderly by type, make and model. Now, most of those guns are in gun socks and it takes me 15 minutes to find any particular one.

Originally posted by CommackBoy View Post
            [urlhttps://gun-racks.com/pistol_racks[/url]
            I have these, phenomenal!
            Those are nice but take up more room than others.

"The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer21 View Post
              Be careful with the pistol racks with foam on them as cushions etc. Those have a tendency to hold some sort of moisture and/or other contaminants that can affect your finish on your guns, BTDT! Currently, I prefer the rubber coated wire racks/shelves.
              The one I'm looking at is supposed to be anti-moisture-ish ---- once I see it ---- I might need to cover it in car undercoating like I did with the Women on Target rifle case - that "pick-n-pluck" foam sucks --

Or saturate it with spray silicone ?

And with the cabinet heater & the desiccant heat pack ---- its dryer in there - than my ex-Wifeys crotch --
              NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

Sorry i haven't been on for days but i would like to say thank you everyone for their advices. i might try to install a thin wood board to cover the gap then eventually add these racks to keep them from scratching eachother

Comment

I also use the under-shelf pistol racks. They maximize space and they are a no-damage option to store the gun and not worry about guns getting scratched or having the oil absorbed off.

51DPeehosaL._AC_.jpg
                  Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by class3 View Post
                    I also use the under-shelf pistol racks. They maximize space and they are a no-damage option to store the gun and not worry about guns getting scratched or having the oil absorbed off.

51DPeehosaL._AC_.jpg
                    I just bought a pack of those. It seemed like a great way to store guns I haven't cleaned yet. They don't touch anything.

Comment

Originally posted by class3 View Post

51DPeehosaL._AC_.jpg
                      Look great to add extra pistols under the board,

Comment

Not to bad -- ordered in the 16-th. at my door dis-morning -- and it holds my favorite gun --

I gots to move some ammo around and lower the top shelf ---- when I get to it - I'll order two more -----

Even though it's supposed to be oil resistant -- I'll stick a folded up paper towel under each gun --- I was taught better a little extra oil than a dry jam --

Comment

+1 for the manabout racks
                          and revolvers get stored in shoeboxes..
                          IMG_20181127_153448_829.jpg
                          20201022_201829.jpg
                          Attached Files

Comment

Our you can go for the over/under wire rack. 20201024_234344.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Squid View Post
                              Our you can go for the over/under wire rack. 20201024_234344.jpg
                              Izat' a Lahti L-35 with a Luger magazine in it?
                              "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

20201025_115430.jpg

Izat' a Lahti L-35 with a Luger magazine in it?
                                Nope, just Luger with a Luger mag.

Comment

Working...
                                X