hidden compartment table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hidden compartment table

There are a lot of woodworkers on the site and for those who aren't you'll enjoy this as well. Not a hard project to complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49YHk5eCliw
    stay alive, carry a 45

A question where can you buy magnetic locks like the one shown in the video?
    stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

nice little project however you will prolly need someething in the bedroom as the perp might hit in the middle of the night

Comment

Originally posted by Airbrush art View Post
        A question where can you buy magnetic locks like the one shown in the video?
        You can find those locks just about anywhere. They are marketed as child safety locks for cabinet doors.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Safety-1s...ystem/16782921

Comment

That would be chinese junk from walmart, how about industrial strength locks?
          stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

Try rockler.com

Comment

I buy some pen making supplies from them, never saw any locks listed will check again.
              stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

I would not trust this if you have kids or others you want to deny firearm access. It's nice that the table is only ~$550 but I found the design no surprise even before he opened it.

Hidden gun storage furniture at a price you can afford. Conceal long guns, handguns or pistols, ammo, jewelry or cash. Payment options available.
                Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Join me on my quest .. Take Back America , NO MORE Chinese crap for me !
                  There are two types of people in this world. People that think the Goverment is looking out for their best interest and people that just think !

Comment

You could very easily set up a magnetic reed switch as used for alarm switches to control a latching solenoid or even a motor drive cam and series of locking bars like a safe. Probably not necessary since the operative word here is HIDDEN. I would recommend that if anybody here builds something like this, especially if they are likely to be targeted by somebody who may know they have guns, get a $99 HF special "safe" and throw it in your master bedroom closet. You can keep your shoe shine supplies in it. Because once a thief thinks he's found all your valuables, he stops looking and leaves your house with what he thinks is your valuables. That's about the only good use I can think of for one of those HF Chinese safes.

Comment

I don't think you'll find one. These latches are designed in a way in which the moving part of the latch needs to be very light weight.

I designed one of these into my last hidden compartment. There is a fine line between the latch rattling because it's loose and everything fitting correctly but it being impossible to unlatch. I struggled with it for several days before abandoning the idea and going with something more simple. On a table like the one in the video, I'd add a knob or applique to the front skirt and mount it in a way that it would slide sideways to unlatch the top. Much more reliable than a plastic piece of chinese junk. It wouldn't stand up to a crowbar, but neither would the rest of the table.

Comment

Working...
                      X