Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't worry , the gov has a few blocks of cheese to tide you over

Comment

I wonder if my little pull cord generator would still work ? ( If so,could always use the fuel lines in cars and boats to keep it happy. ) Of course,keeping the freezer going only puts off the inevitable. Do have lots of chlorine for lots of pool water. 3 propane tanks, 2 always full. Can walk my kayak to the ramp to fish. Woefully short on canned goods but again, who on LI really has six months supply of canned goods ? I am thinking that just hunkering down, shooting intruders, and eventually "recovering" anything the "die-offs" left in their pantries. Wouldn't even think about bartering guns and ammo except to another "gun nut." Eff the rest of the community. Speaking of kayaks, still selling one of mine, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by wdeister08 View Post

I gotta believe the government has most critical national security components shielded from an EMP. The civilian grid might go down for the most part...

if history is our guide, it will be the civilians who are more prepared then the government and will rebuild faster

The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

The LIGC caravan to OH UNCLE PAUL 's place is going to make the migrant caravan look like the Little Rascals...

Comment

Originally posted by Heartlessmcfly View Post

William Forstchen is the author. John matterson is the main character. Read one year after as well
            I'm starting the audio book of the third in the series today. SteveT also turned me onto the series by A. American, "Going Home" which is also good.
            "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
            Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
            Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Paté View Post
              I can have my Chevelle back to a non HEI distributor and running in 10 minutes.
              Good luck trying to get or find gas for it after a week or two. Unless you keep a huge tank buried in your yard gas is going to run out right quick.
              "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
              Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
              Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

EMP or a cyber electrical grid attack is a massive shit sandwich.

Eventually, probably sooner than later, those that have things, i.e. water/food reserves, cars, generators, etc., will be too busy defending those things to use them.
                No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
                  EMP or a cyber electrical grid attack is a massive shit sandwich.

Eventually, probably sooner than later, those that have things, i.e. water/food reserves, cars, generators, etc., will be too busy defending those things to use them.
                  ↑↑↑ ...this...↑↑↑
                  "If you know how many guns you own,”you don’t have enough guns.”

"What doesn't kill you ... will circle around for a second attempt."

Comment

loss of power doesn't stop this fella
                    "If you know how many guns you own,”you don’t have enough guns.”

"What doesn't kill you ... will circle around for a second attempt."

Comment

Stock up on hockey pucks. 🙄

Comment

Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post

Good luck trying to get or find gas for it after a week or two. Unless you keep a huge tank buried in your yard gas is going to run out right quick.
                        If you have a huge tank you’d better get a pump with a hand crank - nothing electrical will work even if you have a generator. An EMP doesn’t just turn off the power - it fries everything with electrical or electronic components.

Comment

Originally posted by 1062_ZEBRA View Post

If you have a huge tank you’d better get a pump with a hand crank - nothing electrical will work even if you have a generator. An EMP doesn’t just turn off the power - it fries everything with electrical or electronic components.
                          thats where my aluminum foil hoarding pays off....whos laughing now!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X