FEATURE-Survival camps cater to new fear: America's political unrest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post

Written by the son of Anne Bancroft and Mel Brooks.

Very sad for Max, he was blessed with his father's looks, not his mother's. Apparently though, he got his father's brilliance. His zombie books are hysterically funny and extremely intelligent commentary on the human condition, both at the same time.

I reread World War Z just to see if it was as good as I thought it was the first time. It's a good read. It's a light reading version of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, or Siddhartha.... . Philosophy and Sociology told through stories.
    Cousin of this shitbag.
    https://www.nysenate.gov/senators/todd-kaminsky
    Steve

Comment

First rule of surviving a zombie apocalypse. Hang good curtains. If Zombies (or other mongol hoards) can't see in, no problem!

Seriously, on Long Island, no matter what the crisis, if you don't have access to a fast boat with proper armament, you just have to know that you can't get off the Island, no bridges or tunnels will survive 3 million cars and trucks crossing in one day.

You've got to hunker down for a couple of weeks, let the crazies go crazy, wait for the city folk to kill each other off or to scatter. There is NO chance of survival until the ten million people that live within 30 miles from here are whittled down to a few hundred thousand.

It's impossible to drive off of Long Island during USTA tennis, can you imagine if there was a real disaster?
      Do you own a decent sized boat to carry your family and supplies/equipment? Can you guarantee it will be in the water and operating when needed? (.e.g. not shrink wrapped for winter or trailered)

Even if you do get off the island by bought you have a limited range.

So you get to CT or NJ. Now what? "Find" a vehicle. Not that easy as in the movies.
      I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
      I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

First rule of surviving a zombie apocalypse. Hang good curtains. If Zombies (or other mongol hoards) can't see in, no problem!

Seriously, on Long Island, no matter what the crisis, if you don't have access to a fast boat with proper armament, you just have to know that you can't get off the Island, no bridges or tunnels will survive 3 million cars and trucks crossing in one day.

You've got to hunker down for a couple of weeks, let the crazies go crazy, wait for the city folk to kill each other off or to scatter. There is NO chance of survival until the ten million people that live within 30 miles from here are whittled down to a few hundred thousand.

It's impossible to drive off of Long Island during USTA tennis, can you imagine if there was a real disaster?
        I agree totally about hunkering down. You are not getting off this island unless you are boat ready to go to maybe Plum , Gardiners or even Block Island . I feel your best chance is to have an emergency meeting point even at a designated home that is heavily armed with close family and trusted friends. Store plenty of ammo and food . Think about it.... one EMP and all hell will break loose.

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post

The whole book is very good. However, the part I was going to reference is more in the beginning of the book. Not a big part but an important point, especially in light of the topic of this thread.

Read it and we'll discuss.
          Just finished this morning, Very good book indeed! really enjoyed it and always kept me on the edge of my seat lol.

Comment

I think the film The Road is a good representation of what may come. Really disturbing movie....

Comment

Working...
            X