No announcement yet.

Coronavirus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had pneumonia really bad in 1973. Chink doctor at hospital (ours was doing missionary work in the Pacific where he served in WW2) tells my mother one day, "no cause for increased hope" Next day he asks, "You have other children, Mrs ___?" We finally got an American and after a switch in antibiotics and a lung aspiration (big needle in back to suck out fluid from lung) finally improved. Yes, they could probably care less about this in Wuhan provided it doesn't start to kill commies in Beijing.

Comment

IF we accept the survival rate is 98% then I think most people who get sick now will just stay home. I think a lot of people will be too afraid to go to a doctor for fear of what government edict will mandate them and their family be seized/quarantined, home inspected/searched etc. So it will never be know if it was Corona or not. Meanwhile, they may have given it to others too.
      I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
      I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post
        IF we accept the survival rate is 98% then I think most people who get sick now will just stay home. I think a lot of people will be too afraid to go to a doctor for fear of what government edict will mandate them and their family be seized/quarantined, home inspected/searched etc. So it will never be know if it was Corona or not. Meanwhile, they may have given it to others too.
        The way the Chicoms have been lying (hiding facts is lying too) there's no reason to believe anything they tell us. That includes the origin of the virus.
        Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post

Which, if the 2% mortality rate is correct, would mean a world wide death toll of 93,600,000 people.
          Those are very scary numbers. I still believe we have not been told half of what this virus is and it's containment. No matter how you spin this, Communism kills !

Comment

On the Fox News website today they have a story that Corona in North Korea is likely massive but being such a secretive nation there's no way of knowing the true impact on the country (again, like in "World War Z").

Also, there's an article that "some" of the Corona test kits shipped by the CDC are defective, giving false or unclear results.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Dead in North Korea --- as I've said ----- when our enemies die ------
              NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

While I do not know about how truthful & reliable is the news from this source, this is an interesting article nonetheless. It contains an interview of a doctor on the front lines in the battle against the corona virus: https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/e...ook-life-and-death-in-a-wuhan-coronavirus-icu
                Retired and loving it.

Comment

I am hopeful that the medical folks are correct about how the virus runs its course. It seems they think it is over in three weeks at most. Most who survive are free of it in two weeks, those in the third week need massive care to survive, those who don't survive die in the third week - if I understand correctly from the article I linked to in my last previous post. The thing that I wonder is: if this is a manufactured virus, that it has been created in the lab to infect people as it has been doing, then seem to disappear but instead hides and incubates inside of those who were previously infected (and thought cured) and then infecting others at a much higher rate in its resurrected form. Of course that might also happen in a natural virus. Am I getting too Steven King? I think not. Hep C is/was great at hiding and used to make docs think it was cured, then had a resurgence in the infected folks who went on to infect others. The current DNA test for it can detect it reliably but the old tests for it were not that effective (that test is the first one used currently followed by the DNA test should it come out negative but symptoms persist). Thus, the virus seemed cured, but was still inside of folks who had been treated with experimental drugs,and then was possible to pass onto others unwittingly. Luckily it did not infect folks as easily as a corona virus.
                  Retired and loving it.

Comment

I read an article last night about how the region Wuhan is in is a major pharmaceutical producer including for the US. Major portions of our generics and the chemicals US producers use to create them come from the area. Also major portions of generic ibuprofen and acetaminophen for the US come from there.

Comment

Ya-given me a headache --
                      NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

Just watched a report where the head of the CDC stated the Coronavirus is here (we knew that) and there’s NO stopping it from getting “out of control in the US”.
                        No vaccine yet and he expects the virus to be out of control for at least a Year.
                        It comes down to if/when a person gets it if they survive it or not.

Didn’t paint a good picture at all.

"Any man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have."
                        President T. Roosevelt

OUR FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW !

Comment

I'm really surprised there aren't more cases in the U.S., especially in CA, WA, and NYC. (presuming the reporting is accurate) given the number of people from China and HK that move back and forth all the time.

BTW, the other day Tucker made a great point: Corona didn't just pop up last month; It's been brewing and developing since at least December and the Chinese knew it. But.....they still sent a group to the U.S. to meet personally with President Trump and sent a large contingent to the Davos meeting with all those other world leaders. Hmmmmm........

Comment

The Donald is a germaphobe. If he shook hands, he had his irradiated shortly thereafter.

Comment

Figured it's been a while since we talked about this.

https://apnews.com/52916125b486708cad26557a02ca9b7f

China "official" death rate up to about 3%. That's a big jump from 2%. They also turned around and "reassessed" how they classify people as infected which allowed them to jump the figures up a bit.

Another website I follow says there are about those 76K sick people, and about 18K have recovered. that's a lot of people still TBD as to what happens.

Watching cases in Japan and South Korea develop should give us a better idea of how fast this thing spreads and how many people it kills off.

Iran....25% death rate. The undeveloped countries are screwed. This thing could rip through africa.

https://apnews.com/52916125b486708cad26557a02ca9b7f

I've been hearing all sorts of crazy things out of China so no clue what to believe from over there.

-Vick
                              High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

I'll put it this way if the Democrats were in control this virus would be spreading across America like nothing we seen before..

Comment

Working...
                                X