No announcement yet.

Arming Your Neighbors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of my neighbors are actually pretty well armed. So... meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

You did get my point. You said, "They are so inept and anti gun that they wouldn’t know what to do," while referring to your neighbors.

I said, "Maybe we should toss our extra guns right to the mob?" meaning, of course, the attacking mob of rioters.

If they would be "sweeping the room with a round chambered and their finger on the trigger guard", they would probably end up shooting each other, thus lowering the amount I have to shoot.

It's hyperbole, certainly, and even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes, but our unused guns might be more deadly for rioters (than ourselves) in the hands of said rioters than in the hands of useless, anti-gun neighbors.

...and there's always infighting to consider (within the mob, not the neighbors...but that too).
      Now I get you!
      NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
      NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
        We have discussed our feelings towards those who have not thought it prudent to buy a firearm until the savages are just outside their door. All those lining up at gun stores today looking for a shotgun have earned our disdain. Let's put that aside for the moment.

Let's say bad things happen. Really bad things. There is no local law enforcement anymore and there is a real threat to your community from outsiders. While you are outside preparing your firing lanes in anticipation of the hordes on their way, your neighbor walks over to talk. This guy (or girl) says they realized the error of their ways too late. With the sounds of rioters coming in your direction, they ask for a weapon and some ammo to help defend the neighborhood.
        My question is whether you give it to them or say "sorry, but no. Good luck"?
        I would never consider arming desperate, untrained last minute shoppers with conflicting ideologies who are browning their bugle-boys now that the baristas have stopped serving for some very good reasons reasons.

A. it would be suicide
        B. i would be a speck on the horizon
        3. giving guns to frightened people is like giving car keys to drunks.

Comment

My front door to my "neighbor's" front door is about 650ft. He has pit bulls and I have boom sticks. Gate and fence, razor wire and motions sensors, ring and CCTV, flood lights and bollards..and much more....

Smithtown strong.

Comment

I’ve established boundaries with my neighbors. I don’t engage them, they don’t engage me. Life is peaceful.

Comment

And then they shoot you in the back tomorrow ----- nope --
              NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

I would not lend anyone a firearm. Definitely ammo if they need it. What I try to do if approached is encourage the party to go out and purchase a firearm ASAP, get to a range ,get training, support the nra, and continue the process.

Comment

At this point, its too late. They have already seen how close we are to shtf. If they didn't act in the last few weeks, they cannot be helped.

Comment

I will say this. What I have to defend MINE will stay MINE. Way long ago I tried to get friends / neighbors to wake the Hell up. The most common answer was " the Police will protect us/me"
                    Well I have turned down In- Laws Saying , Nope I offered long ago.. Keep this in Mine. A few of you know where I am. I got your Back and your welcome here.
                    Better to have A gun in your hand, then a Cop on the phone

Comment

Originally posted by Raven View Post
                      I will say this. What I have to defend MINE will stay MINE. Way long ago I tried to get friends / neighbors to wake the Hell up. The most common answer was " the Police will protect us/me"
                      Well I have turned down In- Laws Saying , Nope I offered long ago.. Keep this in Mine. A few of you know where I am. I got your Back and your welcome here.
                      You raise an interesting point. Someone (neighbor, family member or friend) tells you they feel protected by the police and are uninterested in any other kind of self protection. Current events convince them of the error of their ways. Are they not entitled to redemption?

The original hypothetical situation contemplates them approaching us after the balloon goes up. But what about now? The shit hasn’t hit the fan yet. Can’t they change their minds now and be welcomed into our fold?
                      I feel that someone like that still has to buy their own gear. I will point them in the right direction but I am not offering up my stash.

Comment

You raise an interesting point. Someone (neighbor, family member or friend) tells you they feel protected by the police and are uninterested in any other kind of self protection. Current events convince them of the error of their ways. Are they not entitled to redemption?

The original hypothetical situation contemplates them approaching us after the balloon goes up. But what about now? The shit hasn’t hit the fan yet. Can’t they change their minds now and be welcomed into our fold?
                        I feel that someone like that still has to buy their own gear. I will point them in the right direction but I am not offering up my stash.
                        My neighbors may change their minds but it is too late. Too late for me to trust them.
                        Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post

My neighbors may change their minds but it is too late. Too late for me to trust them.
                          Now it is too late? If they genuinely had their eyes opened by recent events and converted to our sides, isn’t their any way for them to regain trust?

Comment

Now it is too late? If they genuinely had their eyes opened by recent events and converted to our sides, isn’t their any way for them to regain trust?
                            None of them have spoken to me about it. My area is hardcore bleeding heart central. Their lawn signs have not changed so no reason to assume their minds have. My point is if they wait until the shooting starts to see the light... they're on their own. Until then I'll maintain the gray man in this era of red flags.
                            Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

None of them have spoken to me about it. My area is hardcore bleeding heart central. Their lawn signs have not changed so no reason to assume their minds have. My point is if they wait until the shooting starts to see the light... they're on their own. Until then I'll maintain the gray man in this era of red flags.
                              I agree with that. If they wait until the shooting starts, it is too late.

Comment

Too late for me to trust them.
                                As we say in Yiddish ---- Bingo
                                NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

Working...
                                X