No announcement yet.

Ballistic Helmets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking more about this topic. I feel a bump helmet may be more practical. They are lighter, provide a platform for coms and NVGs and will allow a glancing round to not rip up your scalp. No real ballistic protection, but it could keep light fragments and flaming materials off your melon.
    They also say “shoot me first”.

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
      I was thinking more about this topic. I feel a bump helmet may be more practical. They are lighter, provide a platform for coms and NVGs and will allow a glancing round to not rip up your scalp. No real ballistic protection, but it could keep light fragments and flaming materials off your melon.
      Again, I don't see the value but if I were leaning that's the way I would go as well. No need for this look...

6fdb084c7324c69a9b754b4a9bbde600.gif
      "Except the Lord build they labor in vain that build it." I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without his concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall God governs in the affairs of men. I have lived, Sir, a long time..."
      Ben Franklin, arguably our least faith driven founding father

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

Did you read what I wrote? Try again.

If you need help, let me know.

Oh, and you didn't tell me to get some real training. That was some other member you insulted.
        Read it and answered Buttercup.

Sorry I left out REAL but you at least you know you need real training that's a step in the right direction.
        Last edited by John M.; 11-15-2020, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
          bump this

i hear the army is getting a new troop carrier ,,, who is in a a Bradley,,,, no need no helmets , when you got armor

Comment

It has shipped! Supposedly...

I sent an email asking when it will ship and got response back that it was shipping that day (yesterday). An hour later I got a tracking number. It hasn’t moved anywhere, but it’s a start.

Comment

I actually forgot that once I used my helmet for it original purpose. We lived for 8 years in Inwood neighborhood of Manhattan. When I moved there, I was probably only one "white guy" for several blocks. Slowly drug dealers disappeared, thanks to hard work of PD and most of the time nothing there were out of the ordinary. One early morning we woke up from a few people screaming and fighting outside, and then I heard 2 shots. Our apartment was on 3rd floor, so I knew we would not be hit. Pushed my wife off the bed, told her to stay low and got to the bedroom closet, got helmet on and took a pick from the corner of window downstairs, because people was still screaming but not like somebody were shot, just continue the arguing.

Comment

• Barnslayer
                Barnslayer commented
                Editing a comment
                The best cover in an apartment is an old cast iron bathtub.

• Russian
                Russian commented
                Editing a comment
                We lived in pre-war building with thick brick walls and fortified door from back in 80s. We also had 2 fire escapes in different sides of apartment, which meant according to NYC we could not defend ourselves having 2 ways to retreat.

Originally posted by Russian View Post
              I actually forgot that once I used my helmet for it original purpose. We lived for 8 years in Inwood neighborhood of Manhattan. When I moved there, I was probably only one "white guy" for several blocks. Slowly drug dealers disappeared, thanks to hard work of PD and most of the time nothing there were out of the ordinary. One early morning we woke up from a few people screaming and fighting outside, and then I heard 2 shots. Our apartment was on 3rd floor, so I knew we would not be hit. Pushed my wife off the bed, told her to stay low and got to the bedroom closet, got helmet on and took a pick from the corner of window downstairs, because people was still screaming but not like somebody were shot, just continue the arguing.
              So basically, you were the neighborhood White Russian? Glad you were safe...

Comment

Helmet for added protection in rifle classes. We have all had rounds zip over our heads at the outdoor ranges. It can’t hurt.

Comms and NV

Don’t plan in putting myself in a situation where I am in a static defense guarding my home or business, but if I do, a helmet would be welcome.

Mobility

Comment

Originally posted by raceradam View Post

Now you say that!
                  UPDATE: I put in 2 requests for "Quantity Discounts" - one for 5 helmets and another for 10. The price did not change, probably need 20+... So your good!

Comment

Working...
                  X