Renewing in Nassau County

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYshooter View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong thread but just got my renewal notification in the mail. I see you can do it online now and that's great. However, on the included form, I now see they ask about medical conditions (maybe before as well). I am a type 1 diabetic, have had my license for about 10 years now. But I have heard of diabetics being denied their license because of their diabetes recently. Not sure if it was in NY or not but does anyone in NC have any knowledge or experience?
    Do they rubber gun all the diabetic cops?

Comment

Originally posted by LazyLab View Post

Do they rubber gun all the diabetic cops?
      Not sure but I'd hate to be the first and have a denial on my record. I'll do some more general searching on the internets and see if anything pops up. Wish me luck.

Comment

Not sure but I'd hate to be the first and have a denial on my record. I'll do some more general searching on the internets and see if anything pops up. Wish me luck.
        How is having diabetes at all related to gun ownership?Furthermore, how could it be used to deny you of a constitutional right?

Finally, how is it any of their business?

Comment

Originally posted by bberetta1 View Post

How is having diabetes at all related to gun ownership?Furthermore, how could it be used to deny you of a constitutional right?
          Same reasons they wouldn't let me join the military? Or just another reason to deny.
          Last edited by NYshooter; 06-29-2018, 04:41 PM. Reason: added thought.

Comment

Consult with a gun friendly attorney. I know there's one on Long Island that others have used for license related stuff. I can't recall his name.
            Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Same reasons they wouldn't let me join the military? Or just another reason to deny.
              In the military your readiness would rely on your having your medication. Supply lines are not always a sure thing.
              Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Well, I may have been misinformed, I hope. I am now seeing that the diabetes thing had to do with driver's licenses. I will post how my renewal goes, i'm thinking fine. Sorry if I raised any unnecessary concerns everyone. thanks for the responses.

Comment

Working...
                X