Nassau to NYC license

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nassau to NYC license

I am licensed for Nassau county. We might be moving into my wife’s grandmothers basement apartment to save some money for a while. Problem is that it’s in queens. Not a long term solution just to save more money for a while. Since I already have a Nassau license is it easy to get a NYC license?

My other option is to transfer my handguns to a friend and then surrender my license for a while. Which just might be easier. Lol

you get to start all over again and will take 18 months or so and its not a license its a premise permit you cant venture outside the house with the gun

the latter if far more preferable I think

Comment

Originally posted by doctorpc View Post
      you get to start all over again and will take 18 months or so and its not a license its a premise permit you cant venture outside the house with the gun

the latter if far more preferable I think
      That’s what I thought. I spoke to someone recently that said that going from Nassau to Suffolk was easy so I was hoping for the same.

Yeah the NYC license is even more restrictive. I was just hoping to be able to at least keep them in my possession.

Comment

Hahahaha, you used “easy,” “license,” and NYC in the same sentence.
        When they kick out your front door
        How you gonna come?
        With your hands on your head
        Or on the trigger of your gun?

Comment

Furthermore, your current pistols may not be NYC compliant, eg. Cerekoted gold or red. You might need to submit picture/receipt of a safe per NYC regulations if you have more than 4 handguns. 200 round max ammunition requirement might be a major setback also.

Comment

Originally posted by weinyce View Post
            Furthermore, your current pistols may not be NYC compliant, eg. Cerekoted gold or red. You might need to submit picture/receipt of a safe per NYC regulations if you have more than 4 handguns. 200 round max ammunition requirement might be a major setback also.
            200 rounds per gun? Damn I used to take much more than that to the range lol

Comment

You would also need to get NYC rifle/shotgun permit. Any magazine can only be 5 rounders

Comment

Originally posted by Gopedxr7 View Post

200 rounds per gun? Damn I used to take much more than that to the range lol
                No, good sir, I believe is 200 TOTAL.

Comment

Correct- 200 total. This is NYC FD rule, not PD

Comment

I would rent a room from a friend. For free. Then pay for the cable or gas bill or have it transferred into your name and pay a portion or nothing.
                    ‘Do an address swap on your Nassau license and transfer your guns to a friends license. That keeps your guns yours and your license intact.

Comment

Rrudo has a good suggestion, but that is a little shady and could bite you in the ass.

What you can do - transfer pistols to someone else or sell them for now - Keep your license, give Nassau a change of address notification and sit on the license until you move out of NYShitty.

You are not required to change the administrating agency of your license. They may fight you on it, but the Law is clear.

As for saving money - remember you'll be stuck paying NYShitty income taxes on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Parashooter View Post
                        Rrudo has a good suggestion, but that is a little shady and could bite you in the ass.

What you can do - transfer pistols to someone else or sell them for now - Keep your license, give Nassau a change of address notification and sit on the license until you move out of NYShitty.

You are not required to change the administrating agency of your license. They may fight you on it, but the Law is clear.

As for saving money - remember you'll be stuck paying NYShitty income taxes on top.
                        May not be a go for NYC, as they have an administrative carve out in the law
                        Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Originally posted by Russian View Post
                          You would also need to get NYC rifle/shotgun permit. Any magazine can only be 5 rounders
                          Most likely I would have to find a friend to store many long guns with.

Comment

i can never move back to queens.
                            i have to stay in nassau or suffolk .
                            good luck
                            let's make america great again

Comment

Originally posted by Parashooter View Post

You have a valid address in Nassau you have no issue. If I have 4 houses in NYS, my license is valid at all of them

Comment

Working...
                              X