Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paperwork in today

Its in!

Got a printing date of exactly a month from today, Friday 5/3.

Nassau or Suffolk?

Comment

Nassau. Very painless process to at NCPD.

Comment

Start buying ammo. Thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
          Start buying ammo. Thank me later.
          Its the caliber choice that I've got to settle on first. Karp's put up that PPQ M2 in 40 at a great price, but I'm thinking 5".
          Plenty of 9mm for my PC9 - that has me thinking maybe Glock to share mags, but the Walther just seems more my thing.
          Also have plenty of 45 ready for the Olympic Arms upper that Vick made happen for a handful of us.

One thing is for sure - eventually at some point i'll need more of it all!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle13 View Post

Its the caliber choice that I've got to settle on first. Karp's put up that PPQ M2 in 40 at a great price, but I'm thinking 5".
            Plenty of 9mm for my PC9 - that has me thinking maybe Glock to share mags, but the Walther just seems more my thing.
            Also have plenty of 45 ready for the Olympic Arms upper that Vick made happen for a handful of us.

One thing is for sure - eventually at some point i'll need more of it all!
            Sounds like great reasoning for one of each.

Comment

Maybe a good sign - my fingerprinting check hit my bank today. Appt was 6/3, its almost been a month to the day.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post
                Nassau or Suffolk?
                Attached Files

Comment

Nassau

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle13 View Post
                    Nassau
                    when things are finalized reach out. I don't have a deep collection for you to try, but at least a few things to get your mind working.

My personal handgun opinions:

1. Full size 9 mm for matches and courses and stuff. Ammo is cheap and it's easier to hit stuff with a full size gun
                    2. A big .38 revolver. Because i'm part fudd on the inside I guess....but really it's a great platform for making small groups far away.
                    3. 1911. Because you're American and JMB has blessed us with the perfect pistol design
                    4. A nice .22. your call semi or revolver.

Go from there and have fun.
                    High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Congrats. Just post what you want to try before a meet up and I’m sure someone here already owns it.
                      Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

Originally posted by artburg View Post
                        Don't know why, but I never notice the damned header for the category! Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post

Don't know why, but I never notice the damned header for the category! Thanks for the reminder.
                          I dont either lol,1st tine I did

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post

when things are finalized reach out. I don't have a deep collection for you to try, but at least a few things to get your mind working.

My personal handgun opinions:

1. Full size 9 mm for matches and courses and stuff. Ammo is cheap and it's easier to hit stuff with a full size gun
                            2. A big .38 revolver. Because i'm part fudd on the inside I guess....but really it's a great platform for making small groups far away.
                            3. 1911. Because you're American and JMB has blessed us with the perfect pistol design
                            4. A nice .22. your call semi or revolver.

Go from there and have fun.
                            Thank you Vick! Feeling like the full size 9mm will definitely be the first. From my poking around reading articles, magazines, watching videos the top four I am looking to try are the FN 509, Walther PPQ, CZ P10 C, and if I am able to unload a bunch of collectibles, some Jeep tires and wheels and increase the budget - CZ Shadow 2. Always open to suggestions too.

Everyone has been saying its a much more personal fit / taste / preference than a rifle. Must exercise restraint and take you all up on the offer of trying things out!

Comment

Originally posted by Paté View Post
                              Congrats. Just post what you want to try before a meet up and I’m sure someone here already owns it.
                              Thanks Pate,

I definitely will - no sense in rushing in to a regret purchase. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X