Transferring handguns to my wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transferring handguns to my wife

My wife applied for her license last week. Finger printing is next month. I have handguns on my license that are hers from when she lived in PA before we met.

Today I did a person to person transfer and realized we are going to have to pay a fee To trandsfer all of her handguns.

My my question is this, is there a family or spouse exception to having to pay person to person transfer fees?

Mmm. Isn't there something with the Cuomo/RINo act allowing transfers between family members?

Although I'm sure you still have to pay fees to SCPD to remove and then to add each one.
    I'd call SCPD and ask how to do it.
    They might be more accommodating than troop L for info and in doing it.
    For example i know that according to CUOMO?RINO act Desert Eagle's have to be registered as an assault weapon and SSCPD feels it's registered with them so that fits the law
    Last edited by Aquabach; 04-06-2019, 05:45 PM.
    "Get a Dog. Cause Cats Are For Bitches!"

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post
      Mmm. Isn't there something with the Cuomo/RINo act allowing transfers between family members?

Although I'm sure you still have to pay fees to SCPD to remove and then to add each one.
      I'd call SCPD and ask how to do it.
      They might be more accommodating than troop L for info and in doing it.
      For example i know that according to CUOMO?RINO act Desert Eagle's have to be registered as an assault weapon and SSCPD feels it's registered with them so that fits the law
      yeah I feel with family there is some exception. I mean itโ€™s going to be almost $200 in transfer fees plus $10 each to add to her license.

Comment

I thought direct transfers with immediate family are gtg. I agree w Aqua, probably have to pay the amendment fee.

Comment

Originally posted by Gopedxr7 View Post

yeah I feel with family there is some exception. I mean itโ€™s going to be almost $200 in transfer fees plus $10 each to add to her license.
          Would make more sense to just sell off some of the guns.

Watcha got? ๐Ÿ˜

Comment

Amendment fees only and done at licensing division of you license issuer. No ffl or background checked required.

Comment

Originally posted by artburg View Post
              Amendment fees only and done at licensing division of you license issuer. No ffl or background checked required.
              You mean something in NY actually makes sense? (Even is it is ridiculously costly...wait, maybe it's only $10 rather than $10 for each.)

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

Would make more sense to just sell off some of the guns.
                Watcha got? ๐Ÿ˜
                Our first date convo:

me: I just got my license and bought a 22lr ruger mark 1

her: in PA my first gun was a ruger too, Sp101 357. Your 22lr is cute though.

Yeah and I had a Chevy equinox at the time and she drove a lifted wrangler.
                Last edited by Gopedxr7; 04-06-2019, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Exactly this, for any direct blood member of your family. Father/Mother/Wife/Sister/Brother etc.

Comment

As mentioned, done at licensing. When she gets her license, bring her guns there (with her, of course) and they'll put them on her license. Not sure if they will allow the guns to remain on yours too (they should, but we do live in the land of OZ).

Comment

This. I did one with my father. $5 fee in Suffolk pistol division

Comment

No nics check or FFL involved.

Just like it used to be before FUAC

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
                          As mentioned, done at licensing. When she gets her license, bring her guns there (with her, of course) and they'll put them on her license. Not sure if they will allow the guns to remain on yours too (they should, but we do live in the land of OZ).
                          In Nassau I thought they do not want you to bring guns into the office.

In nassau we canโ€™t share a gun on two licenses

Comment

I'm only familiar with Suffolk

Comment

๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

Comment

Working...
                              X