Transferring handguns to my wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cas
    I doubt the pistol license section is going to allow it to happen without an FFL transfer and background check... at least not while both of you are still alive.
    Suffolk does; I brought my wife's gun in and the put it on her license

Comment

Originally posted by Gopedxr7 View Post

Our first date convo:

me: I just got my license and bought a 22lr ruger mark 1

her: in PA my first gun was a ruger too, Sp101 357. Your 22lr is cute though.

Yeah and I had a Chevy equinox at the time and she drove a lifted wrangler.
      You married out of your league.
      The escape is half complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Comment

I believe in Nassau you can do a direct transfer to your wife at the PLB. The cost is 10 to remove it from one license and 10 to add it to the spouse’s license. I am not sure if you have to bring the handguns with you. Just give them a call and I am sure they will give you the exact run down. 516 573-7559

Comment

In Nassau I thought they do not want you to bring guns into the office.

In nassau we can’t share a gun on two licenses
          Just give them a quick call first, concerning bringing the pistols in. Or maybe one of our regular deplorables here, who seem to be constantly going there can ask for us. It's a good question, for all to know the answer to. They get a bit squirrely, when you tell them "yes" to that question when you walk into the front door.

Comment

Yeah I think I will give them a call Monday and find out the details

Comment

Originally posted by OH UNCLE PAUL View Post

A lot of us marry up.

Comment

Originally posted by OH UNCLE PAUL View Post

No. He married up. Quite the climber.

Comment

Geez..... the bullshit one has to go through in this state.

This shit is why I want to hit someone when I hear "reasonable", "sensible", or "common sense".

Paul

Comment

Our first date convo:

me: I just got my license and bought a 22lr ruger mark 1

her: in PA my first gun was a ruger too, Sp101 357. Your 22lr is cute though.

Yeah and I had a Chevy equinox at the time and she drove a lifted wrangler.
                    So she likes sensitive men?
                    She fell when she saw u drinking coco in your pajamas talking about Obamacare?
                    "Get a Dog. Cause Cats Are For Bitches!"

Comment

Originally posted by lynyrd View Post
                      Geez..... the bullshit one has to go through in this state.

This shit is why I want to hit someone when I hear "reasonable", "sensible", or "common sense".

Paul
                      Yes! What is reasonable about having to go to a government office and pay $20 to give something to your wife? How is that sensible?

Comment

Ok OP......it's now Tuesday, how did your call to Pistol section turn out? Inquiring minds are waiting.

Comment

Who runs the background check? 😉🤣

Comment

Originally posted by FUAC View Post
                            Who runs the background check? 😉🤣
                            None required afaiK. Just the County graft to amend both permits.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post
                              Ok OP......it's now Tuesday, how did your call to Pistol section turn out? Inquiring minds are waiting.
                              late but better than never haha.

Pistol office said that my wife and I come and pay $10 per handgun to do the transfer. Nothing else

Comment

Did they say that you could also just add the pistols to her license and thus keep them on both ?

Comment

Working...
                                X