Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gopedxr7 View Post

late but better than never haha.

Pistol office said that my wife and I come and pay $10 per handgun to do the transfer. Nothing else
    why 10 bucks per handgun when it should just be $5 for her $5 for you to amend the card. You're only getting 1 new card each.

I did that once there where I changed a card because I bought 2 guns...he only charged me $5 beans.

NM mine was Suffolk PLB
    Last edited by Diesel1; 05-20-2019, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pequa1 View Post
      Did they say that you could also just add the pistols to her license and thus keep them on both ?
      I did not ask about that. But I do not think Nassau allows that. I know some upstate counties permit that. If that was the case I would put the whole collection on both licenses

Comment

My wife applied for her license last week. Finger printing is next month. I have handguns on my license that are hers from when she lived in PA before we met.

Today I did a person to person transfer and realized we are going to have to pay a fee To trandsfer all of her handguns.

My my question is this, is there a family or spouse exception to having to pay person to person transfer fees?
        You can do it at PLB, spouse is covered as an exception to SAFE
        Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

I did not ask about that. But I do not think Nassau allows that. I know some upstate counties permit that. If that was the case I would put the whole collection on both licenses
          Suffolk stopped doing that as they ended up being dragged into court during divorce cases, not sure about NC

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post

A lot of us marry up.
            My Wife did....This time, anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel1 View Post

why 10 bucks per handgun when it should just be $5 for her $5 for you to amend the card. You're only getting 1 new card each.

I did that once there where I changed a card because I bought 2 guns...he only charged me $5 beans.

NM mine was Suffolk PLB
              $5 off one license, $5 on the other $5 + $5= $10 for each handgun

Comment

Originally posted by lynyrd View Post
                Geez..... the bullshit one has to go through in this state.

This shit is why I want to hit someone when I hear "reasonable", "sensible", or "common sense".

Paul
                Yup- for me, it's "You want this one? Here"

Comment

Originally posted by NRATC53 View Post

$5 off one license, $5 on the other $5 + $5= $10 for each handgun
                  That's not what Diesel1 was asking. He was asking why gun owners would be charged per gun to print out one (of in this case two) new cards.

It seems that Nassau County is just greedy and monstrously restricting our rights, because there is no reason why typing another line of information into a computer should cost ten dollars.

Don't even get me started about why citizens have to pay for licenses in the first place...

Comment

My wife got the email two days ago. And we picked up her license last night. So in about 3.5 months from start to finish she got it.

I transferred 3 handguns right away to her license. No background check needed. But it was $10 per handgun for each of us. So it was $10 each for me to remove them and $10 each for her to add them.

Now I just wish life and work would slow down so I can go to the range

Comment

Our first date convo:

me: I just got my license and bought a 22lr ruger mark 1

her: in PA my first gun was a ruger too, Sp101 357. Your 22lr is cute though.

Yeah and I had a Chevy equinox at the time and she drove a lifted wrangler.
                      That's the girl you marry.

Comment

Working...
                      X