Transferring handguns to my wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gopedxr7 View Post
    My wife got the email two days ago. And we picked up her license last night. So in about 3.5 months from start to finish she got it.

I transferred 3 handguns right away to her license. No background check needed. But it was $10 per handgun for each of us. So it was $10 each for me to remove them and $10 each for her to add them.

Now I just wish life and work would slow down so I can go to the range
    So Nassau didn't allow you to put them on both ?

Comment

Originally posted by pequa1 View Post

Nassau does not do it.
      Steve

Comment

Too much time (they say) spent in court during divorces
        Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Originally posted by dr. wesson View Post

I see...so am I understanding this correctly - for example someone lives with siblings who already have their permits, so he/she plays by the rules and goes through the trouble to also receive a pistol permit, and wants to drive out and take a pistol training class but can't afford to spend $500 on a pistol yet when they already have one in the family, brother/sister has to come be with them the whole time?!
          How about they "sell" you the gun for $1, and you cover the $10 transfer fee at Benson's and the $10 amendment fee to add it to your license?

Of course, you'd then have to "sell" it back after you try it and "don't like it", which bring it to a grand total of $42, two trips to Benson's, and two trips to the PLB to make it all happen.

It's easier to just order your sibling $42 to come shooting with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

How about they "sell" you the gun for $1, and you cover the $10 transfer fee at Benson's and the $10 amendment fee to add it to your license?

Of course, you'd then have to "sell" it back after you try it and "don't like it", which bring it to a grand total of $42, two trips to Benson's, and two trips to the PLB to make it all happen.

I like FL so much better
            Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

FLAW

No ffl transfer needed between husband and wife

Comment

Originally posted by pequa1 View Post

nope. Some upstate counties allow or

Comment

Move to a free state and save $200

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

FLAW

No ffl transfer needed between husband and wife
                    That's not the situation mentioned in the OP or my text above.

But you are correct that spouses could do the same for less.

However it would still be $42 because I neglected to include the charges to remove a gun from a licence, which makes it $62 for non -spouses and non-children.

Comment

A friend died and they waived the 5 transfer fees.
                      A family member died and I had to pay the 15-17 transfer fees.

So who the hell knows, probably depends on who helps you.
                      Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.

Comment

Working...
                      X